ear worms du jour, list your day's earworms here!

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

earworm poll, how much of a song gets earwormed?
the whole song, repeatedly :| 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
just a few bars' worth :| 69%  69%  [ 11 ]
just a musical phrase of a few notes :| 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
never happens to me :) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
where's my musical ice cream? :chef: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 16

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 1:52 am

who on WP now has an earworm impaction in their ear? this is mine-

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 2:15 am

I've had this song stuck in my head all day.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 2:20 am

Toss a coin to your witcher, oh valley of plenty...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 2:48 am

before nellie lutcher [RIP] there was jim nabors-

lordy that man could sing!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 6:02 am

Most ABBA songs.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 6:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dk-c92pB4o

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 12:28 am

my latest earworm-

harry zimmerman's big band from his 1956 album "band with a beat" performing a version of "sentimental journey" that is totally unique :dj:

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 11:22 am

Thanks to Milktalk for getting this one stuck in my head :jester: ...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 11:30 am

Someone in the office just sang a few verses of "Devil Went Down to Georgia".

That song does not exactly "Light Up My Life".

:wink: The only way to fight one earworm is with another.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 12:00 pm

"Philadelphia Freedom" by Elton John, and the worst of it is that I've never been able to follow the plot - I only remember the chorus and a few other random phrases. Elton, like McCartney, can turn anything into great music, but has no awareness of what to celebrate.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 12:20 pm

Usually various tunes from the video game I happen to be playing.... Right now it's Pokemon Shield....

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 11:29 pm

Someone on WP posted a joke video. And it stuck in my head all morning at work the next day.

"Obama's elf...I dont wanna be...Obama's elf...anymore....."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 4:01 am

note the rachmaninoff bridge. that part really gets stuck in my head.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 7:12 am

That IS an interesting bridge. And being a classical composition it is a little too complicated to become an "ear worm" for me (some short bursts of Mozart do stick my head occassionally). Interesting use of classical music in pop music. Didnt know that the guy who did that song had pinched Rachmaninoff.

There was funny odd dorky dude who worked with me at the inventory counting company I work at who happened to be a fan of classical music. When we both emerged from the stock room and into the salesfloor of the client store he remarked "HEY, that's the Minute Waltz!". The "minute waltz" being the nickname for "Opus 64" by Chopin, composed in 1847 which takes about a minute to play.

I thought to myself "wtf is he talking about? The only music playing right now is the store muzak, and its playing a mix of soft rock oldies". No classical music is in earshot. Later it occurred to me that the particular song that was playing was Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle". And it occurred to me that maybe my coworker guy was right...that Croce may have quoted the Minute Waltz in the song (it would fit thematically into the song in a clever way) at that moment- and that my coworker correctly recognized it. Have not been able to track down whether "Time in a Bottle" quotes Chopin or not.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 7:32 am

I worry about catching another earworm here, but I will mention that whenever I think of Bruce Cockburn's "If I had a Rocket Launcher" I actually think "If I had a Rocket Lawn Chair," and it sticks in my head. That's a Mondegreen, though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2020, 5:36 am

naturalplastic wrote:
That IS an interesting bridge. And being a classical composition it is a little too complicated to become an "ear worm" for me (some short bursts of Mozart do stick my head occassionally). Interesting use of classical music in pop music. Didnt know that the guy who did that song had pinched Rachmaninoff.

There was funny odd dorky dude who worked with me at the inventory counting company I work at who happened to be a fan of classical music. When we both emerged from the stock room and into the salesfloor of the client store he remarked "HEY, that's the Minute Waltz!". The "minute waltz" being the nickname for "Opus 64" by Chopin, composed in 1847 which takes about a minute to play.

I thought to myself "wtf is he talking about? The only music playing right now is the store muzak, and its playing a mix of soft rock oldies". No classical music is in earshot. Later it occurred to me that the particular song that was playing was Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle". And it occurred to me that maybe my coworker guy was right...that Croce may have quoted the Minute Waltz in the song (it would fit thematically into the song in a clever way) at that moment- and that my coworker correctly recognized it. Have not been able to track down whether "Time in a Bottle" quotes Chopin or not.

try as i did, i just could not hear it, despite repeated listening of both.