Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

itsErin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2016, 11:04 am

Hello people,

My name is Erin and I have some questions about shallow emotions. I know that "shallow emotions" can be a symptom of autism and psychopathy. But what does it actually means? What do shallow emotions look like?

Does someone displays shallow emotions if he or she is first crying after being beaten by someone, but 5 minutes later is happy and normal again, like nothing happened? It's not that this person is just acting happy and normal, this person feels actually happy and normal and doesn't care about being beaten anymore.

I don't know if I am autistic, normal or psychopathic - I am a 17 years old girl who was diagnosed with ODD, but I also show traits of autism and I don't understand everything. I never know how to imagine something, for example, I don't know what to imagine by 'someone with shallow emotions'.

Thanks! :D

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2016, 11:07 am

My understanding of 'shallow emotions' is that the person would display much less emotion than an average person for any given activity. So, like you say, if someone was given a beating they might not cry at all, they might show no emotion or very little. If they got something brilliant for their birthday they may still not show a great deal of response - perhaps just say thank-you and move on.

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

itsErin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2016, 11:11 am

Jo_B1_Kenobi wrote:
My understanding of 'shallow emotions' is that the person would display much less emotion than an average person for any given activity. So, like you say, if someone was given a beating they might not cry at all, they might show no emotion or very little. If they got something brilliant for their birthday they may still not show a great deal of response - perhaps just say thank-you and move on.

Thank you for this very helpful answer :D I just have one more question:

If someone only feels in the moment and after that just moves on, without caring for 1 second anymore, is that also a sign of shallow emotions? For example, the person doesn't feel emotions from (remebering) the past but does only know what he felt without feeling it anymore/again.

bryanmaloney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2016, 11:14 am

WHAT IS WITH THIS STUPID SITE? I WRITE AN ANSWER, HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE CAPTCHA, AND IT DELETES THE ANSWER!! !! !!