Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 5:48 pm

I am wondering if you make your own schedule (routine) or if someone else does it for you, or if you do it together. Could be friend, parent, partner etc.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 6:02 pm

I make my own schedule. Its not very productive and isnt varied. I wake up, use the bathroom, watch youtube for a while, let the dog out, watch TV eat breakfast approximately 45 minutes after waking up, let the dog out. Watch more tv, eat lunch at 12 feed the dog and cat watch MORE tv eat supper at 5 and watch more tv until 12 qhen i shower and after that watch tv until2am when i feed the hedgehog and cat, let the dog out turn out the lights, let the dog in, turn on Django unchained and fall asleep. Im reallly lazy and dont so much else, its not a strict schedule. On Tuesdays i grocery shop and my cousins may invite me for a drive and i may take the dog out for a walk. Its a typical schedule and not rigid. I wont have a meltdown if one day i shower at a different time but i will meltdown from permanent change, like a move to another house or suddenly having to go to school or getting a job.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 170 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 43 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Aug 2016, 6:12 pm

Hello. I have sort of made a schedule. I made myself a morning and night routine to follow. Like, I made it so that I can check off if I have completed the task to make sure I didn't forget because I tend to forget a lot of things. But I tend to do it in order. Sometimes I don't. I do get angry at myself if I don't do my routine in general. For school, I get a schedule, and I follow that. I sometimes get angry if something changes in the schedule. Also, in my IEP, it states (on my request) that teachers post a schedule of what is going on in the period on the board so I know what we are doing and feel less anxious. It helps I find.

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 7:58 pm

I make my own schedule… Unfortunately, I had a major interruption in mine and for the most part been shut down. Need to get back into some sort of routine.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 8:51 pm

I make it. If anyone else tried to, I would be very irritated.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 8:54 pm

My amazing best friend made my last one. But I need to modify and work against my disabling perseveration. Sigh

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 6:44 am

I do, but my dad helps me out with it.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 2:38 pm

Schedule?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 3:22 pm

I make it based on when I get to sleep.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 3:50 pm

I make my own mostly, in as far as I have a schedule. There is a lot of routine in my life, but not so much the "1pm buy groceries, 3pm prepare meal" kind of thing, just that when I start a thing I tend to follow a routine that has evolved spontaneously, for that particular task. I've noticed that I take well to a scheduled week as long as I'm the one to set the times and days, but the things I want to do hardly ever fall into that kind of pattern, so I just keep a task list and pick things to do off that in an ad lib way.

When I was working, I generally aimed to arrive at 9am and leave at 5pm, and take an hour for lunch around 12.30pm, but my employer didn't much mind about the exact times as long as I got my work done. Somehow I ended up planning my own workload, very autonomously, and I was usually happy to go in during the evenings if I felt it was the most efficient way of getting the job done. It also suited me because there was hardly anybody around 8) I'd take the time back during the day, and nobody kept a timekeeping book so I didn't have to go and ask. When they did try to dictate my schedule, I got really annoyed and unco-operative, and one of the reasons I retired early was that they took me off the work I was experienced at and got me doing stuff I didn't understand, so there had to be a lot more micro-managing which I wasn't comfortable with. I'm sure they'd have loved it if I'd become an expert at the new work, and then I'd have been more my own boss again, but it would have taken a huge effort and I couldn't be bothered.

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2016, 10:11 am

It's decided by myself and an assistant.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 10:15 am

I tend to make my own schedule and I really don't like when things change in it. My mom often tries to change things in it, and it bothers me.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 12:24 pm

I do shift work, so I have to build my schedule around when I'm working.