Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

tom343
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2022, 6:16 pm

There is someone i know that has told me what i believe to be repeated lies, my friend who these lies are often about is diagnosed on the autistic spectrum, he believes that they are also on the spectrum undiagnosed.

I have doubted lots of things that they told me, some big, some small, the worst being that my friend tries to pressure her for sex. This is out of character for him and also doesn't fit into what i percieve, given that the two of them are best friends and do everything together, she also flirts with him, but doesn't want to date him.

Their ability to listen varies greatly, i just told them something personal and important, and they just ignored it.

I don't really know how to process this, I don't know if they are on the autistic spectrum, but i am just trying to understand, because at the moment i am very confused about it.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2022, 7:43 am

It is hard to know what is going on without more information. In general when two young people of opposite sex are playful with each other but not seemingly towards a relationship it may mean that one (or both) are pretending a sort of Platonic relationship when they really desire more. This can result in words used for other than face value meaning and can be confusing.

If these two people have something they are trying to work out between them, it might be useful to give them time and space to do so and seek others for companionship that can be more straightforward in their speech.