Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

YankeeGuy30
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2016, 11:31 pm

I am 30 years old, I was born on August the 11th, 1986.
30 years old.

I am from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
I am going to be completely honest with you.

I have Asperger Syndrome.
I have been expelled from every single school that I was ever enrolled in because of Violence.
I have spent time in EPPI, that is the Eastern Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institution, and then upon release, I was sent to the Horsham Clinic, in Horsham Pennsylvania as an Outpatient, for violence.

I was excluded from the Public school system, and I had spent 8 years at Wordsworth Academy, in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania...
Which is and "Approved Private School"...

Where I was never taught anything..
I learned nothing there.

And I was expelled from there, for beating the crap out of the teachers and the mental health staff there, when I was 16.

By the time I was 18 years old, I could not do the Multiplication tables.
What I know now, is hard gained, and it still isn't enough for a GED.... at the age of 30

I have also been fired from every job I had.
Including TWO sheltered workshops.. not because of my behavior in there, but because I simply cannot find anybody willing to work with me.

Did I throw my life away because of violent behavior and defiance ? is it over ?
Will I ever have anything going for me in my life ?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 2:13 am

Have you been diagnosed with anything else but Aspergers?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 2:25 am

YankeeGuy30 wrote:
I am 30 years old, I was born on August the 11th, 1986.
30 years old.

I am from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
I am going to be completely honest with you.

I have Asperger Syndrome.
I have been expelled from every single school that I was ever enrolled in because of Violence.
I have spent time in EPPI, that is the Eastern Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institution, and then upon release, I was sent to the Horsham Clinic, in Horsham Pennsylvania as an Outpatient, for violence.

I was excluded from the Public school system, and I had spent 8 years at Wordsworth Academy, in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania...
Which is and "Approved Private School"...

Where I was never taught anything..
I learned nothing there.

And I was expelled from there, for beating the crap out of the teachers and the mental health staff there, when I was 16.

By the time I was 18 years old, I could not do the Multiplication tables.
What I know now, is hard gained, and it still isn't enough for a GED.... at the age of 30

I have also been fired from every job I had.
Including TWO sheltered workshops.. not because of my behavior in there, but because I simply cannot find anybody willing to work with me.

Did I throw my life away because of violent behavior and defiance ? is it over ?
Will I ever have anything going for me in my life ?

Are you still violent? If so, that would definitely be problematic. I think you have probably realized by now that every time you hurt someone else, you hurt yourself as well, and so it's extremely important to find non-violent ways to deal with your anger.

If you are no longer a violent individual, then yes, I do think you have a chance at becoming successful in life, even at age 30. In fact most people who are extremely successful were not by age 30.

Alan55
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Sep 2016, 4:40 am

Stick with it - look for support and someone who understands you and AS - also look for strategies that help you pause before acting or responding.

Prepapre for any new situations and visualise how it will be.

Just do not give up

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 7:03 am

No.
I've known folks that started big changes in their lower 30's.

I did.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

04 Sep 2016, 7:26 am

If you enjoy being violent, you should be an ultimate fighter. Get your brains bashed in a bunch of times. You must be violent to people weaker, and smaller than you, because you are still alive. Pick on someone alot bigger than you, and get your brains bashed in. Go to a bar with alot of big bouncers, and start some s**t with them, so you can get your brains bashed in.

Sounds like you had some good opportunities in life, and you ruined it by beating up good people that got paid to help you. Why would anyone other than violent people want anything to do with you? Your attitude ruins other peoples lives. Violent people belong in an institution, or jail. It is ILLEGAL, unless you keep it in a ring.

If you cannot control your actions, you will not need to worry about how well you ruined your life. You will not have one. people will be taking care of you one way or the other, their way, not yours.

I would like to rip some peoples heads off too, but I don't. Think, before you act, and understand the consequences.

You are never too old to get a life.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Bruce Lee.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 12:14 pm

Were you diagnosed with anything else?

Violence like that isn't an AS trait. Right, aspies can get violent if they are experiencing a sensory overload and someone blocks the escape route but most of us learn it isn't the correct way to solve problems and try to control the behavior as much as we can, preferring to escape and calm down if we only have the choice.

You need to learn how to control your anger. http://www.wikihow.com/Control-Anger
People can't keep up with you because they are probably afraid or tired of your attitude, not because of your Asperger traits.

morugin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2016, 1:38 pm

I get angry a lot. I think it is due to having aspergers and anxiety. think about something you can do that doesn't require you to be around people. but that's hard bc it sounds like the supports that were supposed to help you failed. i grew up poor and the public schools screwed me in education. you can't get that back. sounds like you had it worse. are you on medication? for something like violence, i'd be surprised if you weren't. how are you making up living expenses? parents? think about what conditions you need to function, then think about what you can do to get there.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 1:57 pm

There is more to this than just Aspergers.

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, brain injury at birth... it would be interesting to see what was listed as a secondary diagnosis. Because really, the Aspergers makes s**t hard, but continously lashing out is not a huge part of it. Yes, there is sensory overloads. Yes, meltdowns can turn violent, but usually those people are non verbal and it's a communication issue. They get upset. They can't tell people what is wrong, and then the pot boils over.

My cousin has a daughter with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and her behavior is very much like yours. She has problems processing information. The information doesn't "stick" due to the brain damage. Tee lashes out because of frustration. My cousin was a social drinker during her pregnancy with Tee. It doesn't take much to f**k up a brain. She has been bounced from shelter work because it is very hard for her to learn steps a through d, and keep it in the long term memory part of her brain. The next day she would go to work, and it was like she was never shown the skill. You can imagine how it all derails.

I guess, you need to figure out why all the rage? People don't rage for no reason.
Do you have memory issues? A learning disability? Where does it break down for you? What triggers you? Meeting expectations? My niece can only truly do simple steps jobs. She isn't "ret*d". Tee can read, write, use the internet. Shop. Her big problem is her brain can't process multistep information and store it. She could probably get her GED. But to get it is too much even with a person baby stepping her through the process.

I don't know what has all happened with you. How much of you life has been due to mental illness, Aspergers, or a real brain injury only you know.

If you were my daughter, I'd have you figure out what makes you rage. And it can't be stupid people piss me off. (that's my excuses lol..)

Is it...

1. I have trouble understanding what is expected of me.
2. I have trouble remembering what I should do.
3. I have problems communicating what I need.

4. I have trouble how to self sooth. That is everyone wants to lash out on people who make them mad, but they don't. They manage to displace the anger instead of using their fists.

5. I have problems telling people what I need, and when they "fail to understand/read my mind", I don't know how to handle it, so I lash out.

Once you figure out the reason "why" for the violence you can work on taming it. Otherwise, guessing is like throwing Play Doh against the wall and seeing which colors stick.

Good luck! :heart:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 6:13 pm

OP a serial basher of people and then attends a military academy. Sounds familiar, I thought of Donald Trump immediately.. well that early path did not stop him exploiting opportunities later, so that might encourage you..

Were you ever assessed for ODD? I second everything Tawaki wrote.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 12:03 am

B19 wrote:
OP a serial basher of people and then attends a military academy. Sounds familiar, I thought of Donald Trump immediately.. well that early path did not stop him exploiting opportunities later, so that might encourage you..

Were you ever assessed for ODD? I second everything Tawaki wrote.

Pretty sure the OP is a troll.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 12:18 am

You're acting like an ass here. I happen to be a fan of the New York Yankees.

I don't take too kindly to someone calling me a ret*d. People have suffered when I heard the word hurled towards me.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 12:35 am

OP it is my opinion that you owe kraftiekortie an apology if your not a troll, kraftiekortie from what I can tell is a respected member and I am (kind of) sure he would reason with a sincere apology. I saw the post in question and I don't think ret*d should ever show up on these forums. If you have a problem with violence thats fine but you might want to leave that attitude at the door. One advantage to posting online is you can think about what you want to say for a long time, I think you need to think a few different times about stuff before you post.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 8:12 pm

I'm confused easily.

Were post deleted.

Me.
Falling short of the glory of The Lord.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 7:54 am