Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 10:17 pm

I was born premature and cyanotic (blue skin tone from restricted oxygen). Smurf baby. Birth asphyxia. So this maybe caused some type of brain damage. Now I believe it's been established that this could not cause autism. But maybe some of my cognitive impairment and maybe my dyapraxia. Anyone know anything about autism plus brain damage?

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2016, 8:07 am

I am autistic and have brain damage but mine resulted from encephalitis and isn't too severe. A bit of coordination and speech problems.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 9:16 am

It's Impossible to tell if Your dyspraxia was caused by either one. Since, either could have caused it. I'm not sure if there is any more chance that this would happen to a Autistic baby over say an Allistic one.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 9:19 am

When I was a child, I knew a kid who was, definitely, severely autistic.

The child's mother stated that "he didn't get enough oxygen to his brain when he was born."

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 7:37 pm

I have brain damage too.

It's all part of autism, is how the doctors see it.

I have a chromosome disorder that caused learning disabilities, functioning problems, and "autism".

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 7:40 pm

Brain damage can't cause autism by itself, but it can cause some autism like behaviors. I think it could definitely make autism more severe.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html