Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Oct 2016, 2:58 pm

It's no wonder I can't be comfortable outside of my home

orangegoldgreen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2016, 3:05 pm

Same here. :( I'm one of those people who's perpetually cold, except for summer heatwaves when I'm grossly uncomfortable and sticky. Autumn is my favorite season, and where I live, it always seems like we plunge straight from 90+ into Winter.

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 3:17 pm

I can not stand the extreme temps of summer or winter, esp the heat it most always makes me want to goto sleep. my favorite times of the year is spring and fall. all this is kind of funny though, because when I shower I love to first take a shower in as hot as I can handle it then after as cold as I can make it (it opens the pores to clean them out then closes them, less pimples and blackheads that way).

BombChel534
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2016, 1:04 am

I get VERY irritable during the hot weather months. I never understood why, but just like so many other things I've never understood about me, 'ASD' seems to fit the bill pretty well. Lol.

Love the cold though. I'd kill to live somewhere where it never gets over 75F!

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2016, 2:06 am

BombChel534 wrote:
I get VERY irritable during the hot weather months. I never understood why, but just like so many other things I've never understood about me, 'ASD' seems to fit the bill pretty well. Lol.

Love the cold though. I'd kill to live somewhere where it never gets over 75F!

Me too. The sweating, the headaches, the bright, bright sun. 75F (~24C) is still too hot for me - I wilt when the temperature approaches 20C. The first thing I do when I get into work every morning is open all the windows. 3 hours later when everyone else gets in, the windows are closed :(

Give me the cold and wind any day. It's 7C outside at the moment and I'm happy.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 2:16 am

since having heat stroke in the military, I've not had an easy time taking 80+F heat. at any temperature over 55F I sweat with exertion.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 2:25 am

I mostly hate hot weather and always look forward to fall and winter. I like it when it's cold and I'm all bundled up. I like sleeping under a pile of blankets.

germanium
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2016, 4:08 am

I can't stand cold weather, quite sensitive to cold, painfully so & don't like hot weather where I sweat a lot but I love taking baths that are quite hot as in getting out of the tub with my whole back side looking like a lobster being so red. I call it being lobsterized. 110-115 degree water for bath, essentially all hot no cold water straight from the hot water tank which is just inches from the tub. I think this is kind of strange considering I don't like hot weather that much. I tolerate that though much better than cold.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 4:54 am

I am extremely sensitive to cold weather. My hands are usually blue during the wintry periods of the year.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 4:56 am

any temperature below 55, I must wear gloves on my hands or else they'll freeze.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 7:31 am

I'm not sensitive to the heat. I can function much better. I hate the cold, and I am so sensitive to it. If someone opens the windows on the bus on a non-hot day I feel like punching them because feeling the draught is so uncomfortable. Being hot on the bus is more bearable than being cold. If I'm hot, I just take my jacket off, and I soon cool down. But when I'm cold, no matter how much I am wrapped up, I can't get warm if there's a draught from an open window.

The only time I love being cold is when I'm in bed.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 8:13 am

I hate hot weather. It gives me insomnia :(

orangegoldgreen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Oct 2016, 8:23 am

While I'm cold far more often than overheated, I do have to say that cold is easier to recover from.
Cold? Put on another layer, wrap yourself in a blanket, run your hands under warm water, drink some hot tea. Cozy!
Hot and sweaty? Turn on a/c or a fan; now you're covered in sticky, dried sweat.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 8:48 am

I prefer colder temperatures over the heat. I like wearing my heavy winter jackets and I feel cozy under a pile of soft, fuzzy blankets that are usually pea green.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 9:26 am

I don't like hot weather; I love air-conditioning.

With cold weather, you could add layers; with hot weather, you can't subtract layers if you're naked.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 9:29 am

I hate being cold. Right now I am wearing a coat in my own house. I also hate hot weather but who doesn't? I only like it for swimming and playing in the water.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.