Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 3:04 pm

A test with the full face instead of just eyes. http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/ei_quiz/

Your Score: 10/20

You've got some work to do. Your score places you below average at reading expressions. But don't worry: Research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 3:17 pm

I got the same score as you.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 5:06 pm

I got 9/20. It said I am well below average on being able to read expressions and I have work to do but not to worry because I can learn if I work really hard. People can just tell me whatever the heck they are feeling. I don't need to work that hard.

Wreck It Ralph

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 5:24 pm

13/20 average

Undiagnose me :)

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 5:35 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
13/20 average

What does it tell you when you get 13 out of 20?

I know that if it had not been multiple choice I would have done a lot worse. They need to provide an neutral answer like I don't know or something. The one where the lady was licking her lip, I just figured she had a piece of food stuck on her lip and she was getting it. A couple of them I thought the person had just noticed something on the floor or in another direction and was looking at whatever they saw. I never would have guessed that those were actual expressions that meant something. If I had had the option to say I don't know, I would have probably only gotten 4 or 5 right. I lucky guessed a couple of them because it was multiple choice and the other answers just were not really possibilities. But just because the answer I guessed happened to be the best answer because the the other answers were so far off, if I had to just fill in the blank rather than have multiple choice, I would not have been able to get more then two or three right.

Wreck It Ralph

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 5:41 pm

15/20

owenc
Raven
Raven

07 Nov 2016, 5:44 pm

15/20. I struggle with more complex facial expressions though.

owenc
Raven
Raven

07 Nov 2016, 5:45 pm

skibum wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
13/20 average

I know that if it had not been multiple choice I would have done a lot worse. They need to provide an neutral answer like I don't know or something. The one where the lady was licking her lip, I just figured she had a piece of food stuck on her lip and she was getting it. A couple of them I thought the person had just noticed something on the floor or in another direction and was looking at whatever they saw. I never would have guessed that those were actual expressions that meant something. If I had had the option to say I don't know, I would have probably only gotten 4 or 5 right. I lucky guessed a couple of them because it was multiple choice and the other answers just were not really possibilities. But just because the answer I guessed happened to be the best answer because the the other answers were so far off, if I had to just fill in the blank rather than have multiple choice, I would not have been able to get more then two or three right.

You are taking the expressions too literally. The lip licking is lust and the woman looking to the floor is feeling a great deal of shame i.e she doesn't want to be noticed.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 5:52 pm

owenc wrote:
skibum wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
13/20 average

You are taking the expressions too literally. The lip licking is lust and the woman looking to the floor is feeling a great deal of shame i.e she doesn't want to be noticed.
WOW!! !! You could actually tell all that? That is amazing. I could never in a million years have known that.

Wreck It Ralph

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 6:08 pm

Those quizzes never work. You can't click I don't know, most of them that's what I needed, the ones where I didn't know I just clicked a random one which some of the time was right. I just gave up half way through, would have got a very low score though.

owenc
Raven
Raven

07 Nov 2016, 6:09 pm

skibum wrote:
owenc wrote:
skibum wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
13/20 average

WOW!! ! ! You could actually tell all that? That is amazing. I could never in a million years have known that.

Um Yeah? It is something that I do instinctively. I'm not great at it though, I still struggle like everyone else on the ASD spectrum.

I'm just more aware I guess.

owenc
Raven
Raven

07 Nov 2016, 6:22 pm

This is a more accurate test I believe: http://projects.nytimes.com/balloteer/m ... g-the-eyes

I got 25/36.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 6:25 pm

owenc wrote:
This is a more accurate test I believe: http://projects.nytimes.com/balloteer/m ... g-the-eyes

I got 25/36.

I sucked on that quiz too. Each time I took it I sucked. I don't remember my score though but it was low.

Wreck It Ralph

Last edited by skibum on 07 Nov 2016, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 6:30 pm

owenc wrote:
skibum wrote:
owenc wrote:
skibum wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
13/20 average

WOW!! ! ! You could actually tell all that? That is amazing. I could never in a million years have known that.

Um Yeah? It is something that I do instinctively. I'm not great at it though, I still struggle like everyone else on the ASD spectrum.

That blows my mind. It really does. I can't tell unless the expression is super obvious and then I still sometimes get it wrong. Sometimes I can tell what someone might be feeling because I can understand the context of their words but I can't tell just from looking like on these quizzes.

Wreck It Ralph

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 6:34 pm

"Your Score: 11/20

You've got some work to do. Your score places you below average at reading expressions. But don't worry: Research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice."

owenc
Raven
Raven

07 Nov 2016, 6:37 pm

skibum wrote:
owenc wrote:
skibum wrote:
owenc wrote:
skibum wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
13/20 average

That blows my mind. It really does. I can't tell unless the expression is super obvious and then I still sometimes get it wrong. Sometimes I can tell what someone might be feeling because I can understand the context of their words but I can't tell just from looking like on these quizzes.

I can understand where you are coming from. I don't think you can control it, like everything else with Asperger's it's all intuitive and occurs naturally.. The extent to which your skills are developed is "decided" before you are born.

You could probably work on it but it is challenging when you just don't get it, I know..