Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 1:29 pm

Filed under "Too much like rocket science" for me. Never been able to work out how to do them. I do wonder how much is to do with executive functioning deficits.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 1:41 pm

It depends on the level of them like easy medium or hard. I know the rules of them are there has to be numbers 1-9 in each row down and across and no doubles like there cannot be the same number in the same row. I like to look to see what numbers are already there on the line and write down the possible numbers and go to the next box and look in the same row. Then after I am done with all the boxes in the same rows, I look to see the least possible numbers. Then I erase the other numbers that was the same as that number I put down in a box.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 1:54 pm

I LOVE these. Its just enough to keep my brain busy, but not enough to make me think too hard. I think I'll get out my old suduko book now. They went out of fashion for a while.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 5:14 pm

I love, love, love soduku puzzles! I bought a few sodoku magazines and completed a couple. Hundreds of puzzles.

It's a logic game. Divided into boxes, lines and columns, each of these has to be completed with the numbers 1 to 9 (in no particular order).

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 5:17 pm

Here's a sodoku tutorial

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 7:40 pm

Seriously doubt that it has anything to do with "executive" ability. Sudoku is a very tunnel vision autistic type endeavor. Doesnt mean all autistics excel at it (just like not all aspies have the same special interests).

I wonder if there is some way to combine sudoku with cross word puzzles. You could have cross word type clues that have numbers as answers ( How many stooges were there? What was the room number of the infamous room in the Bates Motel where the shower murder scene took place in 'Psycho'?).

Last edited by naturalplastic on 10 Nov 2016, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 9:54 pm

I like Sudoku puzzles and Crosswords as well.

EnigmaticDrScully
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Nov 2016, 3:42 pm

I like sudoku. I sometimes do them when I'm bored.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 4:29 pm

I'm ridiculously good at sudoku, which makes them quite boring. I'm terrible at crosswords though.