How Are Your Coping Skills When You're Sick?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 2:25 am

I really cannot function when I'm sick. I don't talk to people at all. Anybody else? Any tips?

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Nov 2016, 1:29 am

After I had back surgery I had a pulmonary embolism. That was serious. I was in the hospital for a week. Now I am on Coumadin the rest of my life. But when I was home recovering from that, I began writing a novel and got a hundred pages of it written. Although I love to write, I find I can make rapid progress when I am sick. I guess when I am sick, it gives me an excuse to write and not feel guilty for not doing other things that need to be done.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 5:07 am

glider18 wrote:
After I had back surgery I had a pulmonary embolism. That was serious. I was in the hospital for a week. Now I am on Coumadin the rest of my life. But when I was home recovering from that, I began writing a novel and got a hundred pages of it written. Although I love to write, I find I can make rapid progress when I am sick. I guess when I am sick, it gives me an excuse to write and not feel guilty for not doing other things that need to be done.

I'm glad illness makes you more productive! :D For me, being sick completely takes away any coping skills, so I get hardly anything done.

Trekkie83
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Nov 2016, 5:11 am

When I'm sick, particularly with anything digestive system related, I can't stand to be around people at all. I just go into full hermit mode.