Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2016, 4:36 am

what they do whats does it bother you in what way annoying?
i have this issues with its bright illuminate i dont even look at it because it hurts my eyes that means
even when i see the Overhead lights i see different colours in them usually green black annoys my vision it seems brighter than sun because its white light

So whats the brightest light?

Diagnosis Asperger's Syndrome back in 2005
also have Anxiety Disorder, OCD

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 6:36 pm

seems to me that "brightness" is at least in part subjective, one man's bright could be another man's dim. fluorescent lighting in general is brighter in the UV part of the spectrum, and some of us are sensitive to that and so will be bothered by fluorescent lighting unless one finds the kind with a coating that renders them "full spectrum" which more closely approximates natural sunlight, IOW they have a light emissive balance tilted more towards the IR side of the spectrum.

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 10:08 pm

CFLs are a fire hazard IMO. Had several smoke and one that caught fire (admittedly briefly). Had it been in another lamp with a smaller lampshade, home might be gone by now. Do yourself a favor and get the new LED bulbs. Yes a tad pricey but under $5 easily. I like lighting somewhat dim so a 40watt equivalent draws only 6watts the equivalent of a night light. Florescent on the other hand flicker badly, at least to me and some others. Very harsh lighting and eyes fatigue easily. Too many downsides to them for my liking... :idea: