Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2016, 9:32 pm

Contrary to people who believe autism is a brain that is like a linux to a window, I believe it may have a neuropathology despite the numerous genes, enviromental causes, and mutations possible.

The neuropathology may be a downstream change from the numerous causes, this change causing the rest of the brain to change or modify as a result thereof. This would more like a windows with a few small key changes in the hardware.

So what would this neuropathology be?
I suspect one major (not the only) factor is the lack of proper autophagy. Autophagy is the bodies natural process of recycling and breaking down worn and torn material. Synapses in autistic brains are overgrown and densely packed and are of lower quality because there is little recycling activitiy and old dendritic spines cluster.

Right now scientists are working on understanding autophagy not just for autism but for conditions like schizophrenia where the opposite happens, too much is trimmed.

Lack of autophagy would have a domino effect, seizures would occur in severe cases due to imbalances. The seizures are not a comorbidity but a direct symptom in those cases.

Also, maybe wrongplanet should add a forum section for scientific discussions concerning autism.

-Johnnyh

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 9:52 pm

Although i do not completely follow all that you have written and this is perhaps as much to do with me as what you have written.

Autism is known to be a neurological dysfunction, disorder or at the very least variation or difference to that of the normal.

I personally think it must be a dysfunction, as there are some aspects such as in communication that i most definitely have deficients in and am not just simply different. For example, where this is gaps in communication. This isn't a different way of communicating, it is a problem with communicating. Bit like wifi or broadband. An intermittent signal isn't labelled as different but is labelled as a fault with the service. And to me, some aspects of my communication is this.

I speculate (and it is complete speculation although based on logic rather than evidence or expert knowledge in the field of neurology).

That the autistic brain is caused by problematic birth such as the case with premature birth where birth asphyxia and severe respiratory distress is common. It is known that where birth asphyxia and severe respiratory distress occur then brain damage occurs. I speculate that when the brain is damaged, due to the elastic nature of the brain and the human body's resilience and natural ability to repair itself, the human body uses focusses on repairing the areas of the brain that are damaged, and by doing so cause extra development to areas of the brain that are adjoining. The resulting effect is that the parts of the brain that are damaged are partly repaired resulting in some function but some deficits but also, results in extra development in some adjoining areas.

Which is why we get high IQ high functioning savant aspergers who are genius but still have deficits in areas which neurotypicals do not. I speculate this is the cause of the Einstein syndrome. But again, this is something that i put together in my head and is not based on neurobiological science or scientific evidence.

:-)

8)

So, Autism is sometimes more like a ZX spectrum motherboard in a Windows 10 laptop casing,
apart from when it is in the high functioning version, in which it is more like the windows 10 laptop with extra processing chips and in some cases bigger hard drive and more logic circuits, but less ram and some faulty wiring with the attached keyboard and monitor... A super laptop with some faulty input and output connections...derrr

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2016, 9:54 pm

That is one type of autism, not the only one, my mother had a healthy birth with me.

-Johnnyh

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2016, 9:52 pm

An explanation for meltdowns and seizures also can come from this. The prefrontal cortex cannot connect and filter since it is too tangled up, therefore the other brain parts which help regulate emotion have only a weak line to it, this explains meltdowns. I have already said what I've said about seizures.

We need to stop philosophizing over these things and see the true explanation which is the underlying neuropathology of autism. A brain + something, not a linux to a windows.

-Johnnyh