Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2016, 3:43 pm

I dont like Break things but i just hit walls and throw things around hitting the pillows scream in pillows sometimes i punch on bed is that meltdown or tantrum and intense anger and anxious

Diagnosis Asperger's Syndrome back in 2005
also have Anxiety Disorder, OCD

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 3:58 pm

Tantrums are a learned behaviour in order to control the outcome of a situation or to get a reaction out of others. They can range from yelling to breaking objects and hurting people. Behaviour in a tantrum is thought out and has serves a purpose

A meltdown is out of the control of an autistic person, the person experiencing meltdown can have one for many different reasons from stress to sensory overload or confusion. Meltdowns can range from crying to fits of uncontrolable rage and destruction of property or even harming or deaths of others.

A key difference is: a tantrum will likely not happen if no one is around to see or hear it. A meltdown will happen regardless.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Dec 2016, 4:31 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
Tantrums are a learned behaviour in order to control the outcome of a situation or to get a reaction out of others. They can range from yelling to breaking objects and hurting people. Behaviour in a tantrum is thought out and has serves a purpose

A meltdown is out of the control of an autistic person, the person experiencing meltdown can have one for many different reasons from stress to sensory overload or confusion. Meltdowns can range from crying to fits of uncontrolable rage and destruction of property or even harming or deaths of others.

A key difference is: a tantrum will likely not happen if no one is around to see or hear it. A meltdown will happen regardless.

I agree with this. For me, a meltdown is just uncontrollable crying, occasional shouting and and tendency to flee the scene. I can't control it at all. If it happens in front of others I feel enormous shame after losing control like that and it can cause practicle problems too if it happens at a hospital sugical consultation for instance. If it happens when I'm at home alone I can feel a bit better by sleeping afterwards but it still leaves me shaken.

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2016, 6:21 pm

Jo_B1_Kenobi wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:

I agree with this. For me, a meltdown is just uncontrollable crying, occasional shouting and and tendency to flee the scene. I can't control it at all. If it happens in front of others I feel enormous shame after losing control like that and it can cause practicle problems too if it happens at a hospital sugical consultation for instance. If it happens when I'm at home alone I can feel a bit better by sleeping afterwards but it still leaves me shaken.

i have social interaction issues i don't know how show other people interest by so far im doing ok so alot aspergers are like that sometimes i don't understand their feelings sometimes depends on my feelings i don't usually look at people eyes i look at nose and mouth that's what i do, i get frustration and uncomfortable what mum says or anyone depends on the situation i get intense crying sometimes depends what i'm thinking about that cause me really exhausted shutdown mode its like broke up relationship that is was scary moment also i get upset easily, and i get extremely verbal depends on the topic and excited about the topic do u understand what im going through or not?

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 6:32 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:

I hate when I lose control in a fit of rage. My father also does this. Typically it's from stress and/or frustration for us. We tend to take it out on inanimate objects and for that I am thankful. It is typically followed by shame for the outburst, it is embarrassing to lose complete control and acting a fool saying things out of anger that you later regret.

Last edited by blackicmenace on 16 Dec 2016, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2016, 6:36 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:

i totally agree with ya i and intense anger frustration anxious but i don't hit my self its like i noise screech nose in frustration and squeeze on the phone or squeeze things while anger and frustration and anxious over things intense crying and mom came over i told her go away