Anybody here have serious anger issues?

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 May 2007, 9:35 pm

yeah i think most of my anger issues come mostly from being physically and emotionally abused as a child into an adult...i had a couple of issues with my mother threatening my life and then in school when i would get eggs thrown at me and my money taken as well...ive never been one to unleash it very often so i am sure my passive aggressive bipolar type behavior stems from somewhere in that area.....

i try not to take it out on people who do not deserve it, but when someone says something to me at the wrong time....i feel really sorry for them...

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 May 2007, 9:35 pm

yeah i think most of my anger issues come mostly from being physically and emotionally abused as a child into an adult...i had a couple of issues with my mother threatening my life and then in school when i would get eggs thrown at me and my money taken as well...ive never been one to unleash it very often so i am sure my passive aggressive bipolar type behavior stems from somewhere in that area.....

i try not to take it out on people who do not deserve it, but when someone says something to me at the wrong time....i feel really sorry for them...

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2007, 2:51 am

I have anger issues though they have improved over the years. When I was in primary school, not only I got angry easily, I was also very violent. I punched someone in the stomach (I still think she REALLY deserved that), I pushed three of my classmates, kicked two and I attacked a 5th grader in 2nd grade.

Fortunately I'm not violent anymore. I sometimes become angrier than I've ever been in preschool but I've never resolved to violence these past few years.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 2:54 am

Not serious, no. The only time I was arrested
the victim testified in my favor, and I was ACD'd.

Still, I am almost always walking the edge, and
figure it's about a 50/50 chance that I'll end up
killing someone, and not being able to dispose
of the body. Probably be rampage time then.

bizmack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 May 2007, 5:54 pm

calandale wrote:
Not serious, no. The only time I was arrested
the victim testified in my favor, and I was ACD'd.

Still, I am almost always walking the edge, and
figure it's about a 50/50 chance that I'll end up
killing someone, and not being able to dispose
of the body. Probably be rampage time then.

Really? Ive felt like that before, but i am greatful i have my releases....music, art, physical activity, a 65 mustang and a girlfriend to vent to....i use to punch holes in the walls and hit myself but i soon began to teach myself to use my destructive behavior to create something i can enjoy and allow that to be my catalyst...being that i get angry at least 2 times a week it would seem like a good way to stay productive and positive even if i am pissed....if none of your passions can seem to take the edge off and you think you could seriously kill someone i think u should seek a professional and start some form of medication....seriously something like that will haunt you forever....

Space
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 6:45 pm

I get angry quite often, but I just hide it. I usually don't express it because if I do, then I have more problems. If I could though, I would probably fight people every day

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 6:24 am

Oh my word I have found someone just like me I get angry when I text someone and they don't text back I once throw my phone across the room but anything else I try my best to control it just relex

HereComesTheRain
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 May 2007, 2:10 am

NO, I DON'T HAVE ANY $#@$#% ANGER PROBLEMS, YOU #%#$%^%$^ING $@#$#%SUCKING @$#$%$#$HOLE!

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 3:01 am

Just calm down, just calm it please!! ! Don't you just hate it when people say that aghhhhh

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2007, 3:31 am

SONOFABITCH I GET SO PISSED OFF. (*&)(*^)*&^#(*&)%&(*#%^(#^)*$^#_(*%&^(#%^)*&^^*^)@)#))%(%&&^#^^#^$^#^%$%&^^&@&^^%$! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2009, 3:41 pm

I have MAJOR anger problems here's a list of stupid little things:

1. When people say that teen pregnancy is a good thing or anything to do with teen pregnancy or out of wedlock children. (I guess because I was raised up Catholic)
2. When people steal
3. When someone tells me to take something of the internet
4. When the children SCREAM or babies CRY or dogs BARK!! ! :wall:
5. When I can't get my retainer to fit in my mouth
6. When I have trouble in a video game
7. When my father shouts my name over and over again
8. When my father blows his nose(It's sounds like a fog horn)
9. When people bad mouth cops(my father was a cop)
10. When I like a guy and he doesn't like me back
11. When people criticize me for not liking screaming children or crying babies, like when they use that, "Oh their have fun!" crap, the can have fun WITHOUT SCREAMING!! ! :evil:
12. When people give me an attitude
13. When people cut me off or go VERY slow in front of me and SPEED in back of me!! ! :evil:
14. When parents don't SHUT UP about their children!! !
15. When people tell me to SHUT UP!! !
16. When people have my Facebook disabled, because I bad mouthed sl*ts (true story)
17. When I post a bulletin and people REPLY NASTY to it, why the hell don't you delete me them GOD!! !
18. When people show off their pregnant stomachs or those "Stretch mark ads" show up on my screen EWWW!! !! :eew:
19. When people change their babies diapers in public or BREAST FEED in public!! ! :eew:
20. When I keep accidentally hurting myself or if I get cramps.
21. When people call me names, unless it's a comment on my YouTube video, because it just smacks up views on my video.
22. When I have trouble writing a paper that has to be a certain length
23. When people smack talk religion!! ! :evil:
24. When people stick up for murders, rapists, thieves, etc.
25. When people freak out over stupid little things I say or do!! !

Whew! I need help! 8O

www.stewartmango.com

14 May 2009, 8:49 pm

Not really. I just get really really mad when people don't listen like I say something and I expect people to understand. I got real mad at my bf when I told him to "leave me alone" he didn't so I started screaming at him and throwing things and then I said "I don't know what world you come from but in my world when we say 'leave me alone,' we left each other alone."

I also hate ignorance and I get really really mad and start throwing insults and pick fights with them. I can say pretty nasty things.

As a kid I hit my brothers and my friends when they wouldn't listen because that's what I was taught through spankings by my mother. I was very bossy and wanted everything my way and I yelled at them and hit but at school I didn't do hitting because hitting wasn't allowed but at home it was so I did it.

As a toddler I hurt kids my mom said because I couldn't talk. I don't remember but I remember biting and I always pinched and scratched my best friend Sara, she did it to me too my mom says.

I also got in fights with my bullies, I hit them with my back pack, spit at them, scratch, shoved and I also teased them back. In sixth grade, my school wanted to put me in a class with violent kids who had behavior disorders.

AlMightyAl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 May 2009, 10:46 pm

I have quite the opposite. I rarely get mad. When I do I can completely control it.
Although I would love to get in a fight. Like getting mugged.
If I was mugged at gun point, oh I practice a lot on my friends, but I would pretend to be getting money out for them while saying "Take what you want I don't care, just don't shoot me" and then quickly swipe the gun out of their hand, elbow them in the face and then jump on them and pull them to the ground. I would do it.
I mean people think that if someone has a gun in their hand it makes them immortal. You just need to be quick. Thats all.
and its not even about the money. Its about scum like that having it. I hate unfairness.
I'd rather flush 20 dollars down the toilet then to give a mugger 5 dollars.

KarmicPyxis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2009, 12:15 am

I used to have serious rage/anger issues. Every once in a while I still feel it "flash" but now I recognize what's happening and know enough to just "sit down, shut up, and wait it out."

I dealt with it first by learning to recognize it...and the desire to deal with it came from realizing that I was going to seriously shorten my life if I kept it up...not to mention the fact that life is waaaaayyyy too short to be at odds with everyone and everything 24/7.

Once I learned to recognize it I could work on refusing to let my emotions get the better of me and drag me down paths that I didn't want or need to travel down.

Part of the strategy for "not going there" was to regard anger--and all emotions, really--from a Buddhist perspective of looking at emotions like clouds or weather: just let it pass. Sooner or later it will...and it usually passes much sooner if you just "decline" to (re)act on/to the anger.

Once I learned how to do all of that, I could finally start taking time to analyze what I was feeling and why I was REALLY feeling what I was feeling. In my case it almost always came down to either wanting to preserve/protect/protect a certain image of myself to other people...or...wanting to guard against losing control of a situation, thing, whatever.

So...first I learned to recognize anger, then to "sit down and have tea and cookies with it" and wait for it to get tired/bored and leave...and then figure out how it got in the house in the first place.

Sorry for such a garbled/mixed metaphor melange, but that's pretty much it. I've spent years independently studying Buddhist thought/philosophy/psychology, and I find it massively effective and liberating because it empowers ME. The starting point in Buddhism is that we create much/most of our own suffering needlessly, and that only we can liberate ourselves from that suffering. Rather than being depressing/scary/whatever to consider a world in which the most control/happiness/peace that we can have must come from within us (as opposed to praying to some deity, blaming other people or situations, etc), the light switches "on" and all of a sudden the realization comes that we have more power over our lives than anyone or anything else.

I'll shut up now...except to recommend a book called "What Color Is Your Mind?".

Good luck! 8)