Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Hexagon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2012, 4:04 am

This isn't really a religious topic, so I choose to ask it here. What you be 'hell' for you, as in what would be the worst thing or place you could imagine having to endure forever.

My aspie-hell would involve bright lights, supermarket noises, my country's foreign secretary's voice everywhere, and massive amounts of people trying to talk to me. Heat would factor into it as well.

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 4:05 am

Hell is other people. (Sorry, too easy. But true.)

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 4:07 am

Infinite level of awareness focused on infinite levels of infinitely multiplying agony.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 4:14 am

Having to live with babies or children of any age.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

the centre stage of a skryllex (or simular) live show

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

Endless consciousness, in a endless void. Similar to being buried alive, or being stuck in a concrete enclosure I suppose (I am in something similar for work at times and the emotion involved is less than ideal). Pain really wouldn't be a part of hell in my opinion, nor would others ripping skin off you by a bunch of hands... Your eventually immune to many different types of harassment from others, the only true hell would be you punishing yourself forever.

It seems almost bad to even mention our own personal hells.

Pengu1n
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2012, 4:19 am

Perpetually stuck in Marine Corps Boot Camp (MCRD San Diego) for an indefinite period of time. (This WAS reality and actual hell for me for 6 months, b4 I was DXed.)

As far as something more hypothetical, I have to immediately concur with the idea of being buried alive, and perhaps confined in a small tight coffin with no room to move, and preyed upon by snakes, rats. I've imagined torture chambers in various extreme societies like Inquisition-Spain, or Nazi-German SS torture being unimaginable. That would be hell to have that prolonged and drawn out. Thinking of it now, shipped to a Holocaust concentration camp or a Soviet Gulag would be absolutely unimaginable.

Last edited by Pengu1n on 04 Mar 2012, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cogs
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 4:20 am

Any situation with
1 physical human contact,
2 sensory overload,
3 information overload,
4 continuous communication requirements
5 many people

Examples that have come close to meeting this criteria include:
Lectures (2, 3, 4, 5)
A particularly bad experience with a library (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Any family get together (1, 2, 4, 5)

Last edited by Cogs on 04 Mar 2012, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 4:37 am

Being dragged along by a friend to the house of one of their friends who I don't know. Especially if there's a lot of people there!

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 5:07 am

Agree with "hell is other people" but more specifically hell is being hurt by another person and not understand what in the world could have motivated them to do what they did. Going round and round mentally trying to figure it out and being unable to let it go because I can't understand what happened.

Rax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2012, 5:14 am

Having my eyes ripped out every hour, my fingers bitten off every few minutes all while listening to my loved ones screaming.

I am well aware this is not what you were going for, but I'm saying it any way.

I am also aware it could be a lot worse than this.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 5:31 am

Living with a bunch of NT teenage girls who dye their hair blonde, wear fake tan, fake nails, loads of makeup and perfume, and who talk about shopping, parties and boys all the time. Thank goodness I didn't spend my teen years in North America.

Going back to live with my parents would not be too great either. Things can always be worse I suppose. But as there is no actual hell, in real life most of the time you have choices and can make changes enough to avoid some situations. You don't get to choose your parents or siblings though.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 5:39 am

The same as now, only without cats, internet and media entertainment. Endless loneliness and purposelessness, with nothing to distract myself from my own thoughts.

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

04 Mar 2012, 5:50 am

enrico_dandolo wrote:
Hell is other people. (Sorry, too easy. But true.)

^^^This^^^

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 8:08 am

Stinking hot weather, screaming children,loud high pitch noise.

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 8:18 am

A bright, white, empty room that is completely silent, except that there is a loud, unexpected sound played at random intervals. The only foods available to eat are various forms of whole, undiced tomatoes and cooked broccoli, which makes the entire place smell. There are no animals, and the only other people are conservative politicians espousing hate (this is NOT to say all conservative politicians do this) in monologues that I am forced to listen to. There are no films or computers, only circus clowns. And, this room is floating high above the ground, with windows all around.

OK, I think I'm going to vom now.

Diagnosed with AS and Anxiety Disorder - NOS on 03/21/2012