Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,021
Location: beyond the Wall

12 Jan 2017, 9:26 pm

I think I'm somewhere in between.

I usually can't fall asleep until after midnight and can't stay asleep after 7:30-ish. During the weekdays, I need to wake up at 6:30-ish, so if only I could shift my sleep schedule back one hour.

I don't fit into the "teenagers sleep so much" stereotype.


_________________
Life ... that's what leaves the mess. Mad people everywhere.


IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Nov 2016
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,114
Location: Santa Maria, CA.

12 Jan 2017, 10:06 pm

Morning person here. I get up at 5 a.m. I go to bed between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m., depending on what I have scheduled for the evening.



strings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Joined: 27 Jun 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 236
Location: Texas

12 Jan 2017, 10:44 pm

Morning. I get up at 6:07am, and go for a 2 mile walk. At weekends, I go back to bed after the walk for another hour or so of sleep. Usually in bed by 10:00pm.



Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jul 2014
Age: 121
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,048
Location: Out of my mind

12 Jan 2017, 10:59 pm

Morning person.
Especially in our sweltering summer when I try to get all my jobs done while it's cool.


_________________
It's like I'm sleepwalking


alexbfr
Butterfly
Butterfly

Joined: 9 Jan 2017
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13

12 Jan 2017, 11:12 pm

I usually go to bed around 2 to 2:30 AM and wake up at about 9am. i enjoy the night because it's quieter and fewer people bother me. plus most everyone i know, understands that i usually wake up late, so they tend not to try and call me or text early in the morning. but I usually put my phone on sleep mode anyway, so no calls get through. it's a little hard to get things done sometimes during the day because i get up late, but i don't mind.



Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Feb 2008
Age: 72
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,668
Location: Where the Great Plains meet the Northern Pines

13 Jan 2017, 1:37 am

I do like watching the sun rise, but then I usually need another nap, even though our current photoperiod is just eight hours. I like the night for creative work because there are few interruptions, but the rest of my schedule has to adjust to how long the inspiration lasts. Around age 20, I was sleeping three or four times a week. Now, I'm sleeping two or three times a day. I take solace in history, when people often got up around midnight to stoke the fire and then do jobs that needed little light, or just lay around talking for two or three hours.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 101,693
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Jan 2017, 4:56 am

I type this @ 2AM because I am a hard-core night person. I never have done mornings particularly well. early mornings in fact tend to be a kind of torture much of the time.



EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,001
Location: Cool places

13 Jan 2017, 9:01 am

I'm a VERY late night person. There are times when I haven't been to sleep till nine or ten in the morning or sometimes not at all 8O


_________________
~Zinc Alloy aka. Russell~

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~


Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,779
Location: US

13 Jan 2017, 10:35 am

24/7 person. (Gotta love insomnia!) But my best energy is in the morning.



Trekkie83
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Joined: 3 Jul 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 98

13 Jan 2017, 11:35 am

By nature I am a hardcore night owl. I love the calm, quite, dark, serenity of it. That said, my actual sleep schedule is far more complicated. For some reason I can't seem to stay on a 24 hour schedule anymore. My circadian rhythm seems to be 25+ hours per day. Essentially, my sleep/wake times continually shift forward by roughly an hour or so per day. This means that, over the course of a few weeks, my sleep/wake schedule will travel all the way around the clock and come full circle. I'm not sure if I explained it well. I know most people I try to explain it to have trouble understanding.



Holy Roman Emperor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Location: San Diego CA

13 Jan 2017, 11:47 am

Nocturnal here. A night owl by nature who is forced by circumstances and obligations to be diurnal. Left to my own devices, however, I am a creature of the night whose only concern is be to be in his native soil by first light.



TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,820
Location: Torchwood Three

13 Jan 2017, 12:04 pm

I wake up at about 9 or 10 AM usually and go to bed around 9 PM. I have always been a person who needs lots of sleep. I function best usually in the early afternoon.


_________________
"Have you never seen something so mad, so extraordinary... That just for one second, you think that there might be more out there?" -Gwen Cooper, Torchwood


blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,353
Location: Sagittarius A

13 Jan 2017, 1:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I type this @ 2AM because I am a hard-core night person. I never have done mornings particularly well. early mornings in fact tend to be a kind of torture much of the time.


High five o/\o


_________________
Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” ― Bertrand Russell


blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,353
Location: Sagittarius A

13 Jan 2017, 1:51 pm

Holy Roman Emperor wrote:
Nocturnal here. A night owl by nature who is forced by circumstances and obligations to be diurnal. Left to my own devices, however, I am a creature of the night whose only concern is be to be in his native soil by first light.


Creatures of the night, unite. I love the stillness of the night.


_________________
Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” ― Bertrand Russell


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 101,693
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Jan 2017, 10:00 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I type this @ 2AM because I am a hard-core night person. I never have done mornings particularly well. early mornings in fact tend to be a kind of torture much of the time.


High five o/\o

do you ever turn on the radio at night and listen to "coast to coast"?



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 101,693
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Jan 2017, 10:01 pm

Trekkie83 wrote:
By nature I am a hardcore night owl. I love the calm, quite, dark, serenity of it. That said, my actual sleep schedule is far more complicated. For some reason I can't seem to stay on a 24 hour schedule anymore. My circadian rhythm seems to be 25+ hours per day. Essentially, my sleep/wake times continually shift forward by roughly an hour or so per day. This means that, over the course of a few weeks, my sleep/wake schedule will travel all the way around the clock and come full circle. I'm not sure if I explained it well. I know most people I try to explain it to have trouble understanding.

that is a GREAT explanation for what I useta do also :wtg: