Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

FlySwine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2017, 11:40 am

Here are 2 examples. First situation: There is a city Campina in Romania as well as a street in Bucharest with this name. At 6 years old I was talking to a woman about going to kindergarten. I firstly referred to the place of the kindergarten as Campina(that being the street). Than, later on, I referred to the place as Bucharest so she asked me with a blank face: But didn't you say your kindergarten is in Campina? I stared at her for 5 seconds and only after that it sinked in that she was not making fun so I cleared up the misunderstanding. The second situation: I was talking to an older woman about my allergies and a cream that i use to treat them. She asked me seriously if I eat that cream. Of course, i was apliying it on skin, but it took me a while to figure out she didn't reply ironically. My question is: did you tend as a child to see irony when there was none? My guess would be that young aspies usually are more inclined to take questions at face value.
On a more general note, was any of you inclined to INNATELY overinterpret social cues?