Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

PIgeek
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2017, 10:13 am

hi. does anyone feel ALWAYS bored?
i don't mean depressed, i am not, i like my life but i don't find anything that interst me at all. i am looking for something like, i don't know, horror films or extremes sports (i can't. i am 15).
i don't want to use illegal substances. i am not interested in it (okay, just a little).
i asked to my parents and thay said "try to find something you like and enjoy it "
easy! i am not asking this.
how do you fight boredom?
thanks

and the white knight is talking backwards
and the red queen is off with her head
remember what the dormouse said
feed your head, feed your head"

White rabbit -
Jefferson Airplane

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 10:17 am

What is it called when you're always bored but you never actually feel like doing anything? Because this is pretty much how I feel 95% of the time.

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2017, 10:27 am

Ennui would be the best term I can think of for that feeling. As for how to fix it, I generally go walk and wait for something to catch my eye. Sometimes it's outdoors, if I have the funds I'll walk around malls or street fairs or something that has a large variety so that my brain can latch onto something to fill my days with.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 10:46 am

I rarely get bored, but when I do, I fiddle around with things outside my usual interests.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 11:16 am

I'm usually bored, school is a boredom magnet. Sometimes, I pace, other times I cry to myself. I want to live my own life, but I can't for a few more years. It's just horrible. I tried talking to my mother about it, but she ignored the subject.

PIgeek
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2017, 11:28 am

The Unleasher wrote:
I'm usually bored, school is a boredom magnet. Sometimes, I pace, other times I cry to myself. I want to live my own life, but I can't for a few more years. It's just horrible. I tried talking to my mother about it, but she ignored the subject.

me too. be underage in awful.
i usually try to find interesting things in school but i can't always

White rabbit -
Jefferson Airplane

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2017, 11:38 am

I'm sure all of the adults here will agree, try and enjoy that youth while you can. Adulthood is most certainly not all it's cracked up to be.

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2017, 12:27 pm

PIgeek wrote:
hi. does anyone feel ALWAYS bored?
i don't mean depressed, i am not, i like my life but i don't find anything that interst me at all. i am looking for something like, i don't know, horror films or extremes sports (i can't. i am 15).
i don't want to use illegal substances. i am not interested in it (okay, just a little).
i asked to my parents and thay said "try to find something you like and enjoy it "
easy! i am not asking this.
how do you fight boredom?
thanks

Hi Pi Geek, My son is also 15 and he feels like this too sometimes. I think part of it is that as a teenager your brain is re-wiring itself ready for adulthood which makes knowing your like and dislikes more difficult. Also, you're at a kind of in-between age where you're not yet old enough for adult stuff but you've outgrown the child stuff. It kind of sucks.

The only answer me and my son have come up with is for him is to try different things and if yhe had a reasonably OK time then he does it again. If he hated it then he doesn't do it again. This is working, he's started writing songs on his guitar and song lyrics which at least gives him an outlet for his feelings. He also comes fishing with me if his mate is available to come too. We don't take it too seriously - just relax and have a laugh.

He seems to get most of his enjoyment from doing things with his mates. In many ways at the age and stage of development he's at now it's not the activity which makes it fun, but having some relaxed decent friends around him. Even when they get together to tackle some difficult homework in a group - it's still a very positive thing for him.

I dont' know if any of this will be helpful for you as everybody is different. Maybe take what's good from any advice you're given and let the rest go?

Hope things imporve for you!

Jo

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 12:34 pm

Have you always had difficulty with boredom?

Not exactly extreme, but what about skating or bike riding? I have a friend who was always bored, so he started learning tricks and showing people. It's not exactly extreme sports, but maybe it might tap into the same interest in testing one's limits.

Other than that, are there things that interest you, even a little bit? Or alternatively, if not, what don't you actively dislike? If you do enough stuff you don't dislike, you're bound to get into something eventually. Don't stop searching. :) Searching is good for fun and for career choices.

Also, if you're looking for ideas of new stuff to try, it would help to know what you've already tried and disliked, or what you already do frequently, so we don't suggest those.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 12:40 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Have you always had difficulty with boredom?

Not exactly extreme, but what about skating or bike riding? I have a friend who was always bored, so he started learning tricks and showing people. It's not exactly extreme sports, but maybe it might tap into the same interest in testing one's limits.

Other than that, are there things that interest you, even a little bit? Or alternatively, if not, what don't you actively dislike? If you do enough stuff you don't dislike, you're bound to get into something eventually. Don't stop searching. :) Searching is good for fun and for career choices.

Also, if you're looking for ideas of new stuff to try, it would help to know what you've already tried and disliked, or what you already do frequently, so we don't suggest those.

I agree, basic exercising is great. Unless you have major social anxiety, which is why I don't do it too often. About school, try some new clubs. Many modern schools have many places like that.

PIgeek
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2017, 12:55 pm

[/quote] Hi Pi Geek, My son is also 15 and he feels like this too sometimes. I think part of it is that as a teenager your brain is re-wiring itself ready for adulthood which makes knowing your like and dislikes more difficult. Also, you're at a kind of in-between age where you're not yet old enough for adult stuff but you've outgrown the child stuff. It kind of sucks.

The only answer me and my son have come up with is for him is to try different things and if yhe had a reasonably OK time then he does it again. If he hated it then he doesn't do it again. This is working, he's started writing songs on his guitar and song lyrics which at least gives him an outlet for his feelings. He also comes fishing with me if his mate is available to come too. We don't take it too seriously - just relax and have a laugh.

He seems to get most of his enjoyment from doing things with his mates. In many ways at the age and stage of development he's at now it's not the activity which makes it fun, but having some relaxed decent friends around him. Even when they get together to tackle some difficult homework in a group - it's still a very positive thing for him.

I dont' know if any of this will be helpful for you as everybody is different. Maybe take what's good from any advice you're given and let the rest go?

Hope things imporve for you!

Jo[/quote]

thank you about your advice :)
maybe it is just my age :roll:

White rabbit -
Jefferson Airplane

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2017, 1:01 pm

PIgeek wrote:
thank you about your advice :)
maybe it is just my age :roll:

You're very welcome. Hope things get better. Hang in there!

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 3:41 pm

*disclaimer- I'm NT and so is my son*

I was painfully bored all the time as a kid. I'm not a genius or anything, but I was smarter than people seemed to think I was, so I was always offered things like dolls to play with. I would have rather had something like model airplanes, more books, a science kit- something like that.

My almost-3-year-old is also bored all the time, and he IS very bright. I think that being a young person makes you a little impatient, so sometimes it's hard to hang with a challenging activity, but that's what you need to do.

Some other people recommended that you try some kind of new activity or sport? I agree with that, but I also think you should try something that you think might be too difficult to be fun. Like learning a language or taking a college class (don't they let teenagers take those sometimes?). Or something you don't think you like but you don't know anything about.

PIgeek
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2017, 3:50 pm

SocOfAutism wrote:
*disclaimer- I'm NT and so is my son*

Some other people recommended that you try some kind of new activity or sport? I agree with that, but I also think you should try something that you think might be too difficult to be fun. Like learning a language or taking a college class (don't they let teenagers take those sometimes?). Or something you don't think you like but you don't know anything about.

maybe you are right. i'd like to feel something new. i studied alla the capitals and flags in 10-15 days. i felt a wanderful sensation thinking about it, almost, i don't know, psychedelic (it sound absolutely ridicolous),it filled my mind. i'd like something like that. here in Italy rules about college are differend and i have social anxiety, i don't think i could go in a new place and do that,
thanks for advices :D

White rabbit -
Jefferson Airplane

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jan 2017, 4:14 pm

I'm too bored to do anything about how bored I am. People ask me what my "speical interests" are. Yeah..... cause we're all the same and all love star wars and doctor who..... *sigh*

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 9:40 pm

The only times I am bored is when I am forced to do things of no interest to me. Left to do what I want, I am never bored.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765