Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DubSackJack
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2017, 5:27 pm

I didn't violate the rules, I simply posted about why I believe DeVos is right about the voucher program. I was summarily attacked and called closed-minded, among other things. Then I was blocked from the group. What kind of censorship is this? I'm not allowed a dissenting view? I'll make my own website then, where I can express my views without fear of being banned for believing differently.

DubSackJack
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2017, 5:31 pm

This is the post that got me banned.

Hmmm DeVos, isn't the choice she advocates a voucher program for private schools? I was in special education for a decade. Two schools had padded rooms. They stuck me in a school with the worst children from 3 school districts and let them attack and poke fun at me for 4 years. I would have liked a choice. You should advocate for that choice. I now have c-ptsd as a result of severe bullying in public schools, and other things. The public school system failed me, but I didn't even have the choice to drop out, let alone find a private school. I am pro choice, I wouldn't wish my experiences in public school on my worst enemy. And yet, here you many of you are, advocating against a choice that could have saved me immense amounts of heartache. This is upsetting to me. The best interests of children with disabilities is a choice to go to private schools. It's certainly not in their best interest to be stuck in a school system that failed me and countless others. So, the private schools fall outside of the law's jurisdiction, so what? You can always leave and go to another private school, or back to public school. I was stuck for years and years in absolute hell. I for one DEMAND a choice for children with disabilities. Public schools are failing these kids, just like they failed me. And yet, so many people are voicing their opinions against this woman. Those opinions are often based in ignorance. I have yet to see one fact besides being confused over a law that suggests she isn't the right person for the job. I have a feeling, no matter who was appointed, liberals would find fault with him or her. Here's the deal, we need choices. I feel like screaming and yelling yes, give us a choice! Because I wasn't given a choice, and I had to live through hell as a result. Really, you couldn't begin to imagine how horrible it was. And you are advocating against the ability to escape that hell. I have accomplished a lot, but only after having somewhat recovered from what the public schools have done to me. If I was in a private school instead, I probably could have graduated college with a masters degree before I was 20. I was 99.9 percentile almost across the board on the WASL test, but my school didn't teach chemistry, physics, or anything beyond the level of the incredibly stupid kids they grouped me with. I wish I had a choice. And so, I wish that kids today will have a choice I didn't have.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 11:12 pm

I think that was a very stupid reason for them to ban you. You had an opinion and you expressed it. I don't think there's anything wrong with what you said at all.

Surf Rider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Feb 2017, 2:03 am

As Mr. Mackay from South Park said, "You go against PC, you just end up missing....." I've been pretty disappointed at the way the Left has bullied people who disagree with them and has tried to silence dissenting viewpoints. Were you out of line for expressing your opinion? No. Should you be aware that expressing an unpopular political opinion, particularly one that is un-PC, can get you socially ostracized and kicked out of a facebook group? Absolutely. Free speech is, well....we'd like to believe in free speech, but the fact is people may try to silence you if they don't agree with you. People these days are pretty intolerant of people who disagree with them.

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2017, 3:26 am

Hmm.... I'd like to see everything that was wrote and said before passing judgement on anyone.

As for the left and censorship, like the right have a better track record....

Surf Rider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Feb 2017, 3:58 am

Fraser_1990 wrote:
As for the left and censorship, like the right have a better track record....

Yes, that is true.