Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

astralplaneentrance
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2017, 7:49 am

The psychologist who observed me wrote in her assessment twice that my functioning was consistent with that of someone with ASD but did not include it in my overall diagnosis. Does this mean I am on the spectrum, but only slightly? I do not know what to make of this.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 8:08 am

hmmm.. Did she give you any DX at all? If not she may not be a clinical psychologist as they legally cant give a dx, only clinical and Psychiatrist can. If you have read about this area and feel you fit into the description it likely is that you are. Some other good tests to do are RAADS and RDOS. both online... If you wish to get a full dx then i would try to push to get to see someone that can give you a full dx as there maybe times in life where you may need the help and support but if your generally doing ok then no need :) If you do push for a DX i was highly recommend you seek someone that has alot of experience in this area. There are many with no experience that think they know and actually have no idea at all and can actually create a worse situation.