Have you ever felt like you can't catch a break?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2017, 1:03 am

Got fired from my job over BS
Was close to selling my guitar a couple of times but incidents keep happening
Mom won't let me sell my turtle I brought with MY money even tho she said I can do whatever I want with my money and the things that I own (been having money problems ever since a woman seduce me out of my money and I can make 3 topics about my problems with my mother)

It isn't enough to JUST have Aspergers but now? money problems? not only that it seems like no matter how many months of practice I do at driving, I make ZERO progress

99% of us are going a struggle like this so can I hear some of your stories? something I can related to

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 1:12 am

I can drive but I have no job. I'm not 19 but I am still in school and I struggle horribly. I don't know fi you can relate to this or not because I don't know how well you do with academics but if you're anything like me then you can probably relate to this. I have struggled since grade 5. I've failed nearly every class and no matter what happens, they just insult and scold me rather than offer any help or any logical advice. The school system is screwed beyond repair, the best thing I guess I can do is hope some college accepts me for what I'm good at.

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2017, 1:16 am

I most definitely had that problem but I didn't add that because I never liked school and I agree THE SCHOOL SYSTEM IS RUINED

webster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2017, 1:38 am

I'm 22, no job, no education, slight drug problem and I live with my mum! Oh also I'm broke as a joke on the money front but hey, what can ya do? Just gotta hope things will get better, we've got many years ahead for things to change.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 1:49 am

I'm currently having job issues, too.

Have been running my own business for coming up to a decade, but the work's dried up and now I can't find employment. Nobody wants to employ someone that isn't good at communicating, especially when I can't work during the day on weekdays.

As soon as I mention that I'm autistic and struggle with phone calls, nobody wants to know - even when the job doesn't even involve calls, and I only needed to let them know because they have a phone interview that I would struggle with.

Extremely hard working and dedicated, with a decade of experience running my own business and doing everything that comes along with it, but because I struggle with verbal communication I'm cast aside as quickly as possible. So much to give, and no chances.

I had a good situation straight out of university, finding a job and then launching my own business. So I'm 10+ years into a career and this is the first time I've had to face the reality that I'm seemingly unemployable.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 5:04 am

I'm 23, a high school dropout, and on disability, buuuuut at least I've got my own place. HOWEVER, I also have a nasty case of OCD that rules my god. damn. life. It's the reason I dropped out of high school, it's one of the main reasons I quit my first (and only long-term) job, and it's just absolute hell to live with. It f*****g SUCKS. I wouldn't have so many problems in my life if I weren't cursed with this condition. I can live with having autism, I can't live with OCD.

GarTog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2017, 6:03 am

I feel I have caught a lot of breaks over the years and when I read about folks who have very bad luck I count my blessings. Best of luck to you all for the future...

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 6:19 am

Whatever you do , don't sell your guitar dude , you'll only regret it :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 6:48 am

im 25 and currently deep in debt (£2k) on a zero hours contract job, well got it 3 weeks ago but no contact since, guess thats why its called zero hours. Had my benefits sanctioned last year, still on the year long sanction, so decided to stop going to the job agency, since the claim closed and I put all my faith on this one job that hopefully i'll get a job to do so i can get paid. Been searchin for jobs alongside volunteering for 3 years now, been tossed back and forth between agencies, doin the best i can but not enough to get a job.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 9:47 am

I count myself rather fortunate. My station in life has improved dramatically in the last couple of years. I have to be cautious, though. I believe that talking about it too much could get me into trouble. I will just enjoy each new experience as it comes and make new opportunities every day.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

27 Feb 2017, 10:10 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I'm 23, a high school dropout, and on disability, buuuuut at least I've got my own place. HOWEVER, I also have a nasty case of OCD that rules my god. damn. life. It's the reason I dropped out of high school, it's one of the main reasons I quit my first (and only long-term) job, and it's just absolute hell to live with. It f*****g SUCKS. I wouldn't have so many problems in my life if I weren't cursed with this condition. I can live with having autism, I can't live with OCD.

Can you take medicine to help? Or have therapies?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Feb 2017, 10:21 am

I feel this way all the time, I don't think I've ever 'caught a break' in my entire life.