Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2017, 9:18 am

I have been having really bad trouble with my anxiety as of late. It actually has been happening for a while now, since last year to be exact. I have been constantly worrying about everything, and it has reached a new level of height. I cannot stop worrying about anything and it is like bloody hell. Mostly has been about the news and conspiracies (fear-mongering scumbags), but it has extended into other things as well, like death and worrying about my mother (she was in the hospital last year, very hard times) and loads more, like it won't end. I cannot stop talking about it, and it keeps freaking me out like hell, as there is a chance it could actually happen. It's coming to the breaking point where it's basically like INSANITY. JUST MAKE IT BLOODY STOP! :x

I recently went doctors to discuss about it, and they have given me some medications to be taken everyday, that will reduce my anxiety and stop me from worrying about these damn things. It hopefully will work out, but time will tell whenever I can stop worrying about these and reduce my anxiety (and possibly panic attacks), since for nearly a year now it has gotten out of control. I am sick of it, and it's hard to explain in many words. It needs to end, and just go away for good. I JUST WANNA BE IN MY OWN FREAKING WORLD! :(

I thought I would write up about my anxiety problems here to reduce stress and get my thoughts across. If any of you here have advice, please tell me, since this is a major problem at the minute and it is getting out of hand. Thank you, and I hope that everything will calm down and be okay.......

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 9:54 am

yep , anxiety is a b***h , it can get you tied up in all sorts of knots especially all the ruminating you do. Medication only took me so far but the most effective thing I found for anxiety was mindfulness ( I still suffer from it though ) , it is a difficult thing to do especially when you have bad anxiety but it did make a difference for me and can make the worst times seem slightly better. If you like reading I suggest The Happiness Trap by Dr Russ Harris , it's a good introduction and will teach you some basics , give it a go , if it allieviates only some of your anxiety it's worth it. :D

I know the NHS runs courses like ECS ( Emotional Coping Skills ) which is not all about mindfulness but some of it was useful , the only drawback is it is group sessions which tended to make my anxiety worse .

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2017, 8:35 am

I'm glad to see that someone else here understands. My anxiety at the minute is like eternal suffering, due to worrying about everything in my damn life. I would just like it to end and go away, because I seriously cannot take it anymore. The medications are okay, but I am still being affected by the anxiety. Hopefully, they will kick in sooner or later and help me out greatly. I might try out that book though, have a few books on autism that have helped me through serious issues.

I just wish everything would be normal, but sadly the negatives cannot stop screwing with your damn brain. I am bloody sick of it, just freaking end it all. I don't even know anymore..... :(

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 10:20 am

rileydaboss2000 wrote:
I'm glad to see that someone else here understands. My anxiety at the minute is like eternal suffering, due to worrying about everything in my damn life. I would just like it to end and go away, because I seriously cannot take it anymore. The medications are okay, but I am still being affected by the anxiety. Hopefully, they will kick in sooner or later and help me out greatly. I might try out that book though, have a few books on autism that have helped me through serious issues.

I just wish everything would be normal, but sadly the negatives cannot stop screwing with your damn brain. I am bloody sick of it, just freaking end it all. I don't even know anymore..... :(

You are definately not alone , I'm sure many people here understand. I still get days when anxiety messes with my mind. I'm sure if feels like there is no light at the end of the tunnel but trust me on this, it can and does get better with the right treatment , I'm not saying it's easy or painless and you won't have really bad days but you need to try and stay positive and fight your anxiety. Another way of looking at Anxiety is it is your minds opinion on something , it is not factual , just predictions . Good luck with your meds and don't lose hope if they don't help , there are many different meds to try , just make sure you keep in touch with your GP.

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2017, 6:12 pm

I forgot to mention here that I have been getting some pains in my body lately, mostly in my chest area. That seems to be caused due to my anxiety reaching a limit and it feels at times that I could have a serious panic attack or something like that. It scares me thinking about that, but I am not in pain at the moment, seems to happen when I am extremely worried or stressed. I hope the medication helps me get through this serious problem....

I am really happy to be getting help here due to my anxiety problems and I will try to stay positive and find the happiness and peace. I know my anxiety and stress is currently at the limit but I have not lost hope and everything will surely get better for me, just gotta keep happy and being myself, that is good :)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 8:03 pm

rileydaboss2000 wrote:
I forgot to mention here that I have been getting some pains in my body lately, mostly in my chest area. That seems to be caused due to my anxiety reaching a limit and it feels at times that I could have a serious panic attack or something like that. It scares me thinking about that, but I am not in pain at the moment, seems to happen when I am extremely worried or stressed. I hope the medication helps me get through this serious problem....

I am really happy to be getting help here due to my anxiety problems and I will try to stay positive and find the happiness and peace. I know my anxiety and stress is currently at the limit but I have not lost hope and everything will surely get better for me, just gotta keep happy and being myself, that is good :)

chest pains can be quite common in anxiety and they are usually nothing to worry about but I am no Dr so you should get it checked out by your GP , you should also check out your meds side effects just in case chest pain is one of them , also mention this to your GP. Stay strong dude :D

Copernicus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2017, 2:31 am

I have a lot of trouble with anxiety too. Regarding your physical pains, when I'm really anxious I get neck and shoulder pain, as well as tightness in my diaphragm (shortness of breath). I think lots of people on the spectrum have anxiety problems of one sort, or another. Exercise can be really a really good add on to meds as well.

:)

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2017, 6:53 pm

I know, anxiety is a really bad problem of mine when it affects me, as the pains just started happening recently when I really got worried sick about everything. I was in pain really badly, and it actually thought like I was going to have a serious panic attack or something. I was at home for a few days, and then went doctors to discuss about my anxiety and the pains. I then got the medication, which is taken everyday to reduce my anxiety, currently okay at the moment.

Seriously though, I have had major problems with my anxiety and stress throughout my life that I am really unsure if this has gotten better or worse. I have had my darkest points, but right now I'm normal, so that's good....

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 4:17 pm

rileydaboss2000 wrote:
I have had my darkest points, but right now I'm normal, so that's good....

That is good news dude , stay strong :D

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 4:31 pm

I've had the same issue and it had a massive effect on my health, including physical.

My advice would be to limit your news intake or stay away from it altogether, as you're worrying about things you have very minimal control over. If someone can help the world or protect themselves with what they learn, that's good, but it sounds like this is extreme for you and you understand that.

If I was up late due to worrying I'd try to tell myself that since there wasn't anything to be done that night, at that time, I should sleep to keep my strength up. Exercise and good food can help a little.

I think I felt powerless and unable to control my life, or get through bad things happening.

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2017, 6:52 pm

Thank you all for the help. Things are getting better for me at the moment, since the medication is taking effect, and that is a great thing. I have distanced from the news entirely, since it's all extremely negative and not worthy. I know that this was an extreme event, since sometime ago my anxiety was at a critical level, especially when I made this forum post. It has now decreased significantly, and that makes me really happy :)

I kind of felt that way too, unable to do anything about the stress and let it affect me more worse, which led to some pretty bad meltdowns. Luckily I have the help and the needs to cope with this, so that's a good thing. I really hope for the fact that I won't have to stress about this anymore, and erase it from my memories. That would be good....