Help for Cancelling Out Noise in the Office: Devices?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

bluecountry
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Mar 2017, 10:45 am

Started a job in an office and could really benefit from having something to block out all the noise and have it just quiet.
Found a few devices, was not sure if you could recommend this, or another kind.

Bose
Bose II
Cowen

1st one looked great; they all did but the Cowen is much cheaper and would prefer if there is no difference.
Thanks.

Keigan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Mar 2017, 12:01 pm

Bose quietcomfort 35 is amazing

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 12:03 pm

The good thing about Bose stuff is that they actually have stores in which you can hear for yourself without having to buy it. Apple does the same.

bluecountry
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Mar 2017, 8:01 am

Cowen looks really good and much cheaper; any thoughts?

Davvo7
Toucan
Toucan

10 Mar 2017, 2:07 pm

I have a pair of Flareaudio Aluminium Isolate ear plugs and they are excellent. I couldn't afford the Titanium ones, but I'm not sure they would be much better than the ones I have. They are visible, but as everybody where I work knows I have a diagnosis then that isn't a problem for me.

https://www.flareaudio.com/

The cut out all of the irritating chatter but still allow me to hear a knock on my office door or the phone ring.

So pleased I got them.

bluecountry
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2017, 8:06 pm

Are these the type of things that if I put in my ear; it blocks out all noise?

If I am home and my family is talking and watching TV and I am trying to read in the same room; would this make it quiet?

Sandpoint
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2017, 1:32 am

Davvo7 wrote:
I have a pair of Flareaudio Aluminium Isolate ear plugs and they are excellent. I couldn't afford the Titanium ones, but I'm not sure they would be much better than the ones I have. They are visible, but as everybody where I work knows I have a diagnosis then that isn't a problem for me.

https://www.flareaudio.com/

The cut out all of the irritating chatter but still allow me to hear a knock on my office door or the phone ring.

So pleased I got them.

What about bass filled sounds, like stomping on stairs (or just bass noise in general)? Very curious about this....

RAADS-R Score: 183.0

DGLights
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Mar 2017, 5:47 pm

In my experience, noise isolating earphones tend to cancel out sounds like talking etc. best but be more limited with lower pitch sounds. I have the Bose QC25 noise cancelling headphones and they are excellent, especially with drowning out car/bus noise. If you play something at a reasonable volume they will block out most sounds (within reason of course)