The Autism Separatism Discussion Thread

Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

creepycrawler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2017, 10:41 am

Eugenics is a horrific thing no matter who's proposing it. Sure, you're not advocating killing anybody. But you're suggesting a hierarchy, that some people are better than others. And that enables atrocity. We've seen this play out time and time again in history.

You're obviously intelligent, but I think you need to work on cultivating some empathy. It's a big undertaking, but worth it in my opinion. I believe empathy is really humanity's greatest gift. I know I've had to work hard to develop and maintain empathy for others. There are still some levels that I'm not ready for (and maybe never will be), like empathy for bad people.

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 11:14 am

Thank you CC. That's a kind and helpful thing to say to the OP. It's also very wise what you say.

littlebee
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 11:02 am

EzraS wrote:
Autism makes me extremely withdrawn and nonverbal.

Autism keeps me from being able to outside by myself without getting lost.

Autism causes me to stim excessively.

Autism causes me to have frequent sensory overload meltdowns or shutdowns sometimes to the point of autistic catatonia.

Autism keeps me in special edition because I can not handle a mainstream curriculum.

I have to be looked after like a small child due to my autism.

That's what autism is. Not everyone who is autistic has to be as impired as I am. But autism is a neurological and cognitive disorder. Not the next step in human evolution.

iliketrees wrote:
I've never got people like OP. Are they so full of themselves they appear completely insane? Or is it that they're genuinely insane but come off incredibly full of themselves? Some combination of both?

I think it's a coping mechanism or denial or whatever. A fantasy of being superior rather than disabled. I usually only see stuff like this posted by the extremely high functioning.

hi ezra....this is more a response to your particular message then a comment on the topic of the thread though it could be related to the latter, also....sorry you are having such a struggle, and this is in no way intended to discount that, but maybe something good will come of it.... if this response seems odd, please at least think about it: how do you know autism is causing everything that you listed? what if some other factors are playing into it? this is my first message here in a very long time....maybe i will start a thread on this subject if i come back to this forum...