Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

KalahariMeerkat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 May 2007, 2:30 pm

Yes. Espicaly if I've listend to a certain song really early in the morining it will be in my head all day. If I listen to it in the moring it is stronger the rest of the day than opposed to any other pasrt of the day.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 3:20 am

The random phrases annoy me.

Sometimes a melody starts, and then I can't remember the rest of it! Leading to a constant repetition of the last part I do remember. It drives me rabid.

Now playing: Sato Tenpei Studios' "Violent Emotion". :)

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 6:51 am

PLA wrote:
...Or humming, or whistling, or tapping my fingers in my case. :)

Same here.

There's not one day that goes by where a song is not stuck in my head. :)

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2007, 7:21 am

PLA wrote:
The random phrases annoy me.

Sometimes a melody starts, and then I can't remember the rest of it! Leading to a constant repetition of the last part I do remember. It drives me rabid.

Same here.

Having a 'song stuck in your head' is pretty common, I think.

Uncertain-Late
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2007, 4:52 am

agentcyclosarin wrote:
Sopho wrote:
I always have music in my head. Usually the same few notes for ages though.

Or I'll replay ONE LINE in a song OVER AND OVER
that drives me crazy.

I get that.

I tap stuff, I like complex music so I always end up tapping incredibly overcomplicated intersecting rhythms along with whatever's in my head, it really annoys everyone :D

I have ways of controlling it though, if you don't strain too hard I find it's easily possible to write the music on the spot. This is brilliant fun when you're bored and have nothing else to do, like on the bus or something. Alternatively, if you have something annoying stuck in your head you can often override it by simply recalling a tune you'd rather hear.

I wonder if this could be used for mood control. Hm, who cares.

Clueless_Rhino
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2007, 8:23 am

If I listen to Classic Rock, which I really, really love, that will happen. Very annoying. I listen to classical music. Its enjoyable but mostly I can't recall it and there's no words to stick in my head.
I used to whistle all the time but society showed so much disapproval I forced myself to stop. I was a really good whistler, too.

mikemike
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Sep 2009, 4:41 pm

i'm into any classical musics -- euro, hindustani, japanese, javanese, be-bop jazz, classic punk and so on -- and i have music always pushing its way into my head.

for the bad music, i just recompose it and knock it down to a resolution -- grabbing it and making it naturally end itself.

one thing though is that the music in my head varies according to my existential state -- i hope i can use that term here without it seeming like some phony sartre thing. i just mean the sum total of my emotions over my intellect-view. and, that there are certain pieces which re-appear and seem to reflect a certain mood -- the same mood, the same music. the weirdest thing is when some of my own composed music appears and i don't remember who's music it is -- but, it so tightly matches how i feel that i have to feel that that's the music truth i found when i composed it -- that it's exactly the music i wanted to hear at that time.

other times, of course, i control the music-in-my-head and compose: i can hear anything on any instrument or set of instruments, and that reality is so very wonderful for me -- the conceptually plastic i-pod! -- that i'm not afraid of the constant molodiya moo'ing of the the turn-over cow of my channel-surfing consciousness.

mike

so, is everyone here pretty much creative and overly bright? i'm taking the chance of just writing how i wanted to talk about the music thing, and hoping someone else sees the style as reflective and not spasmo.

Jerry123

06 Sep 2009, 2:37 am

yes there is always music going on. I think it's because I'm always on the Windows Media Player playing music

BornToDie

06 Sep 2009, 11:49 am

Mushroom wrote:
I also have sounds in my head, although it's not always music.

what he said. words, thoughts, ideas, memories, sounds...all at the same time.

what's really odd is when there are faint background noises like the outside fan unit for the AC; my brain constructs the sounds into opera music...really annoying! i hate opera!