Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 8:55 pm

If a person was in a bad car accident & that person end up in a wheelchair, people have to accept that if you can't do alot anymore. People accept other people with bipolar or HIV or when people get older, they can get Alzheimer. I don't understand why people can't accept Aspergers? What if they told you something & you don't believe them, they would feel bad. I would of thought it would be better to accept Aspergers people than lose their trust & their relationship. What if they push you do to something that you can't do? Aspergers is not a very bad thing, other people seems like it's very bad. People should really listen to you & believe you.

Robert2P1CT
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2017, 10:02 pm

Sadly, a lot of people aren't accepted for their differences. Individuals with HIV, all mental illnesses, and many with physical handicaps are still not accepted and loathed by many, but that's the animalistic human nature of many. I accept an individual's right to not like someone, but I draw the line when employers discriminate and people resort to violence.

Moreover, some millionaires in congress/senate that were born to affluent families think that virtually everyone on disability or food stamps is a "faker" "a deadbeat" and lying to get benefits. I personally find that disgusting, and I think people should walk in the shoes of those they attempt to criticize. We all have to do our best, but we also have to realize that not everyone will like us.

It took me many years to learn compassion, but I am glad that I finally did.

EQ = 16

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 1:13 pm

I think part of the problem with being diagnosed with Asperger's is that 'you look normal' and that maybe you're able to get by in life - so other people think "I don't see a problem" 8O

In my own experience, very few are able to 'walk a mile in my shoes' and as such, have no concept what life for me really is like (and just how hard it can be).

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 6:19 pm

Being in a wheelchair, blind, missing a limb, etc. are real disabilities that don't have any benefits. Our condition, in addition to being invisible, often has benefits, which confuses people and make them less sympathetic to our difficulties. "If you're so smart / good at math / brilliant at languages, why can't you remember where your own house is?"

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 7:11 pm

I know there nothing I can do, but if people continuing to believe what they want to believe then I may not talk to them, their denial is affecting my health, cuz they can easily get me very angry & that cause sooooo much problems, I have a speech problem & it can get bad. I knew some people that accept my Asperger, my mom accepted. I have a friend who live in my city, she understanding me, she works with Aspergers people.

Keigan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Mar 2017, 9:29 pm

Is your anger because you can't reach them or they do not accept you?

Try a different approach, try raising their awareness through setting a good example.