Laughing at things 'neurotypical' people wouldn't find funny

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Qbeez999
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2017, 11:14 pm

Sometimes I laugh at the simplest things like someone getting in or out of a car or even standing up or sitting down.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2017, 11:20 pm

Qbeez999 wrote:
Sometimes I laugh at the simplest things like someone getting in or out of a car or even standing up or sitting down.

When I think about it, our bodies are strange in the way they contort themselves while moving about.

If someone sits down in a very prim and proper way, I can imagine that being funny. Especially if they have a blank or stupid expression on their face.

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 11:25 pm

I laugh at immature and sensitive topics, and always suffer heavily for it. My sense of humor is like a 3 year old. I like to make fun of genitalia and that general topic, and since people hate to discuss that stuff I just tend not to have a sense of humor when it comes to what I call "community laughter".

On an individual note, I find random things funny, again like a child. I like spontaneity and something that doesn't make sense. If a car crashes I find that funny, but if someone is injured I do not. If someone's pants fall down, I find that hilarious, but then I feel bad for the person and it removes the humor. It's all about sensibility at the right moment I guess.

Another example of what I find funny is dumb jokes. I don't know how to communicate with people, so I usually piss them off, but it's still funny to do. I usually shout random phrases and laugh at it, and other people laugh as well, or I purposefully screw something up to get attention because I'm not sure how to any other way.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 11:55 pm

I saw a meme that said:

I laugh, where you get deeply offended.
I'm just a happier person than you'll ever be

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2017, 11:57 pm

wrongcitizen wrote:
I laugh at immature and sensitive topics, and always suffer heavily for it. My sense of humor is like a 3 year old. I like to make fun of genitalia and that general topic, and since people hate to discuss that stuff I just tend not to have a sense of humor when it comes to what I call "community laughter".

On an individual note, I find random things funny, again like a child. I like spontaneity and something that doesn't make sense. If a car crashes I find that funny, but if someone is injured I do not. If someone's pants fall down, I find that hilarious, but then I feel bad for the person and it removes the humor. It's all about sensibility at the right moment I guess.

Another example of what I find funny is dumb jokes. I don't know how to communicate with people, so I usually piss them off, but it's still funny to do. I usually shout random phrases and laugh at it, and other people laugh as well, or I purposefully screw something up to get attention because I'm not sure how to any other way.

This is all genuinely funny stuff.

I'm surprised my friends and I didn't get our a**es kicked more growing up. We were rude as hell. The attitude was, well, regular kids don't like us, so f*** them. We'd make fun of "cool" kids all the time.

This is where I feel out-of-sync with most on this site. I get the feeling that most around here wouldn't get this type of humor. To get this type of humor, it would require some type of social awareness or context, and the ability to explore dark themes with irony and humor. Which is why I'm starting to think my issues are maybe just ADHD and not autistic in nature - even though I had autistic-like behaviors as a child. I was actually pretty socially desperate and became frustrated when others don't reciprocate. Still do 8O

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 12:25 am

I find really ridiculous, random things (Monty Python-esque humor) to be funny. There's this one kid in my computer science class who often says these random, completely absurd statements (like "Hey, I just overclocked my pencil. I can write so fast now."), and very few people find it funny, but I just crack up laughing for some reason.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 1:16 am

I laugh at different, often literal, interpretations of what people say. I also laugh a lot at the expressions on people's faces.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 4:12 am

I laugh nearly all the time. Everything is so different for me lol. I have been told that it's an annoying habit and also I laugh even when something is really wrong which drives people crazy or confuses them about my personality.

One friend from university told me that I looked like a really sensitive person, gave out the image of an intellectual person and could cheer her up with my positive outlooks and yet when there were topics that were serious and sad she was really surprised at my stupid reactions and coldblooded-ness.

My favorite topic of fun must be poop lol. I can still go on and on talking about poop and laughing. (I have gut issues so I have plenty of reference.)

Last edited by komamanga on 30 Mar 2017, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 5:21 am

I laugh at things that probably go unnoticed by most.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 8:54 am

EzraS wrote:
I laugh at things that probably go unnoticed by most.

My sarcasm and sense of humor have similarities to yours. When you use sarcasm in political posts people take it literally (surprise, surprise) and get upset while I pick it up or I think I do.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Mar 2017, 9:56 am

komamanga wrote:
My favorite topic of fun must be poop lol. I can still go on and on talking about poop and laughing. (I have gut issues so I have plenty of reference.)

I didn't care for the attitude of the Starbucks barista this morning. I fantasized about taking a poop in the middle of the drive-thru lane and then imagined frightened people trying to swerve around it unsuccessfully.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 10:15 am

A lot of my sense of humor no one finds funny. They just find me weird and stupid. And everyone I know seems to think it's stupid and immature. But I find it funny. Also fart jokes I still find hilarious and no one my age does anymore. Plus dark and bad humor I laugh at all the time. Like a couple of weeks ago in my Animal Science class. We're doing a chicken project where we feed chickens to show them. A chicken broke it's leg and was suffering from it. So the teacher ripped it's head off so it won't suffer. And oh my god! I was laughing my butt off so much. Because of it acting crazy and moving around in circles. The rest of my class thought it was weird that I found it hilarious. And I honestly still do find it funny. Plus I like random stuff. That's one of my favs.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 10:18 am

antnego wrote:
komamanga wrote:

I didn't care for the attitude of the Starbucks barista this morning. I fantasized about taking a poop in the middle of the drive-thru lane and then imagined frightened people trying to swerve around it unsuccessfully.

:D :lol: That is hilarious! I think that is funny. But I'm not NT so I find this type of stuff funny.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Mar 2017, 10:21 am

Corny wrote:
A lot of my sense of humor no one finds funny. They just find me weird and stupid. And everyone I know seems to think it's stupid and immature. But I find it funny. Also fart jokes I still find hilarious and no one my age does anymore. Plus dark and bad humor I laugh at all the time. Like a couple of weeks ago in my Animal Science class. We're doing a chicken project where we feed chickens to show them. A chicken broke it's leg and was suffering from it. So the teacher ripped it's head off so it won't suffer. And oh my god! I was laughing my butt off so much. Because of it acting crazy and moving around in circles. The rest of my class thought it was weird that I found it hilarious. And I honestly still do find it funny. Plus I like random stuff. That's one of my favs.

Ripped off its head Sub-Zero-style? I can hear an ominous voice proclaim, "FATALITY. SCIENCE TEACHER WINS!"

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 10:26 am

antnego wrote:
Corny wrote:

Ripped off its head Sub-Zero-style? I can hear an ominous voice proclaim, "FATALITY. SCIENCE TEACHER WINS!"

I have to be honest with you. I find your last 2 post hilarious. You are pretty funny.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2017, 12:46 am

I have a built-in entertainment system between my ears.