Can you handle no string attached relationships?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you enjoy or do you think you will enjoy NSA sex/relationships?
Yes 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
No 56%  56%  [ 19 ]
Not sure 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 34

HelloWorld314
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2017, 1:42 pm

One thing I suspect about my ASD diagnosis is that I enjoy casual sex and no string attached relationships, and I actually feel much more at ease that way compared to dealing with people that I am supposed to be close to. I guess I enjoy faking to be social and fun for several nights and then getting rid of the person before a connection develops to the point of making me feel the need to be authentic. I have always parted with my sexual partners within 3 nights, even those that share lots of my views and with whom I know I may end up being friends. I think I fear emotional commitment and all the hassle that would bring, but sometimes I regret ditching a partner that I like for the sake of avoiding possible attachment.

I wonder if anyone else on the spectrum is like me. I wonder if anyone else on the spectrum enjoys no string attached (NSA) sex/relationships at all. I wonder if I am actually on the spectrum at all despite the diagnosis because I seem to be so different from all the other people on the spectrum who are seemingly content with several close relationships and hate superficial social interactions.

p.s. English is not my native language, please correct me if I have made any mistakes. I would really appreciate it. Thanks:)

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 2:37 pm

I wonder if it means some kind of subliminal something that all my cat toys have strings attached and all my kites have strings attached?

HelloWorld314
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2017, 3:49 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
I wonder if it means some kind of subliminal something that all my cat toys have strings attached and all my kites have strings attached?

Lol no, it is not literally having strings attached to people. It is fancy term used to describe casual sexual relationships.

p.s. English is not my native language, please correct me if I have made any mistakes. I would really appreciate it. Thanks:)

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 4:25 pm

:D Knew that, was in the mood to be amusing.
Maybe I like my relationships like my toys?
But wait, my trains don't have strings attached. Hmm.

svaughan
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2017, 4:43 pm

I am exactly like this. I am in a long term relationship now but she gives me plenty of space. I like doing my own thing most of the time.

HelloWorld314
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2017, 5:10 pm

svaughan wrote:
I am exactly like this. I am in a long term relationship now but she gives me plenty of space. I like doing my own thing most of the time.

I see, I am thinking of developing long term non-monogamous relationships as well if that is what you mean. Short terms are lots of fun and I get to collect all sorts of people, but I do worry about STDs. I am worried about possibly developing feelings for my long term partners though, the last thing I need is to get myself into an emotional crush thingy lol.

itsme82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm

HelloWorld314 wrote:
One thing I suspect about my ASD diagnosis is that I enjoy casual sex and no string attached relationships, and I actually feel much more at ease that way compared to dealing with people that I am supposed to be close to. I guess I enjoy faking to be social and fun for several nights and then getting rid of the person before a connection develops to the point of making me feel the need to be authentic. I have always parted with my sexual partners within 3 nights, even those that share lots of my views and with whom I know I may end up being friends. I think I fear emotional commitment and all the hassle that would bring, but sometimes I regret ditching a partner that I like for the sake of avoiding possible attachment.

I wonder if anyone else on the spectrum is like me. I wonder if anyone else on the spectrum enjoys no string attached (NSA) sex/relationships at all. I wonder if I am actually on the spectrum at all despite the diagnosis because I seem to be so different from all the other people on the spectrum who are seemingly content with several close relationships and hate superficial social interactions.

I'm probably not quite on the spectrum, the traits I have are too subclinical for it and have too few traits for it. I'm on the BAP "spectrum" at most. Anyway, casual sex is fine by me too but I don't see the need to limit it to 3 nights. I'm probably more extreme than you with my boundaries in terms of that, I can continue having sex with a guy even if they are trying to affect me emotionally or are trying to be my friend, as long as I clearly know that I don't want them for whatever reason.

I do have a male friend who also isn't against having sex and I'm ok with it too but the one thing I'm not ok with is fully opening up to him and tell him about my most private things. We really are very good friends and he wants me to fully trust him and be fully open with him but I won't do this last bit of opening up because that would conflict even with my boundaries. So it's umm, an interesting FWB.

I also see no need to fake being social and fun. I'm either feeling actually social and fun because the partner is able to involve me in things like that or not gonna force it. I'm not able to force it anyway. This is unrelated to whether I'll actually have sex with the person.

I do prefer close relationships otherwise, I don't like the idea of dumping someone just because it might become too close. Otoh, for some reason I have not been able to feel enough with anyone so far in a supposedly romantic relationship so emotional commitment is not something I have truly been capable of doing so far with a guy, but I wish to be able to. Maybe one day...

Anyway. For the rest of your post. Look up avoidant dismissive attachment style.

itsme82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Apr 2017, 5:17 pm

HelloWorld314 wrote:
svaughan wrote:

I see, I am thinking of developing long term non-monogamous relationships as well if that is what you mean. Short terms are lots of fun and I get to collect all sorts of people, but I do worry about STDs. I am worried about possibly developing feelings for my long term partners though, the last thing I need is to get myself into an emotional crush thingy lol.

We could not be any more different... Though I wouldn't call emotional commitment an "emotional crush". That's weird wording for it.

HelloWorld314
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2017, 5:34 pm

itsme82 wrote:
HelloWorld314 wrote:
svaughan wrote:

We could not be any more different... Though I wouldn't call emotional commitment an "emotional crush". That's weird wording for it.

Lol what I meant by "emotional crush" is that I don't want to develop feelings for someone to the point where it seriously affects my judgement. For example, I plan on moving to California after graduating from my computer science program, and I would hate feeling conflicted over pursuing my dreams vs staying with a partner if I were to develop strong feelings for someone. I guess I feel there are much more important things I want to do than wasting time falling head over heels in love with someone, so I feel the need to make sure I don't develop such feelings.

itsme82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Apr 2017, 6:18 am

HelloWorld314 wrote:
itsme82 wrote:
HelloWorld314 wrote:
svaughan wrote:

Lol what I meant by "emotional crush" is that I don't want to develop feelings for someone to the point where it seriously affects my judgement. For example, I plan on moving to California after graduating from my computer science program, and I would hate feeling conflicted over pursuing my dreams vs staying with a partner if I were to develop strong feelings for someone. I guess I feel there are much more important things I want to do than wasting time falling head over heels in love with someone, so I feel the need to make sure I don't develop such feelings.

OK I see what you meant.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 10:55 am

I can't have sex with someone with whom I have no emotional connection.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Apr 2017, 11:35 am

Nobody is throwing sex at aspie guys no strings attached, at least not this one so I guess the answer would really be 'not sure' but in my head it is easy to separate sex and a romantic relationships so maybe I could I don't know. I think this is probably a lot easier for guys to do just from a biological perspective.

I do not think the whole hookup culture is healthy or indicative of anything good about the individual tho, guys who did this back in the day were thought of as creeps but now it's celebrated by both sexes. I can't say I find a lot of what you're saying relatable so I'll hold my tongue from saying more, just try to be safe I guess.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 11:59 am

i've had "platonic" sexual partners, if that makes sense.

i like that. friends who have sex. no romantic strings attached, but there is still a solid level of connection and understanding.

i'm not a fan of hooking up with people i don't really know. in my limited experience with it the sex isn't nearly as good either.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 2:33 pm

have been with one partner, and don’t foresee being with any other in the remaining span of this short life... she was just too dear and ideal in comparison to everyone else ever met before, and since. even as only a memory, she’s more sustaining a comfort and inspiration than the thought of drawing close for such a relationship to anyone else ever met. someone has to be excruciatingly loved to be wanted so badly as to desire her to permeate and claim this body, spirit and mind with her all... or there is just no desire to allow intimacy whatsoever. an uninvited advance of touch is to be instinctively met with a bone rattling lion’s roar ever since having known her... it is most perplexing as if under spell.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 2:39 pm

No I couldn't imagine doing that. I tend to become only sexually attracted to men with the kind of souls I want to be around, so don't like the idea of letting that go (although I always do have to). I'd like one to always be there, no just be a flicker.

Queeringcal
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Apr 2017, 4:39 pm

Quote:
"platonic" sexual partners

Platonic love is actually intimate non-sexual affection but, today, sexual love seems to be the higher form of love, of which I have neither, since I have stopped looking for either like the long term unemployed.

Pedantic in 3,2,1...it's "no strings attached" or "nsa" not "no string attached". :P