Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

DW19940521
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Apr 2017, 9:45 am

I having problem staying occupied and having fun with things that other people are doing for hours, but for me it just take me five minutes then i stop, and i start wondering why i started doing that thing.

When i am get bored i just don't do anything, becouse it wont occupy me for a long time.

Have you ever started doing something, then you get bored of it after five minutes?
Then you just get bored of doing nothing, but don't want to start something becouse it will get boring very quickly?

NAS
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Apr 2017, 12:49 pm

I'm very rarely bored, but when I am, I feel like this. I often find it hard to concentrate and will switch activities, but to me that isn't the same as feeling bored.

I'm sorry to hear that it affects you so much. It sounds intolerable.

When I am bored, I have to wait for it to pass. It's hard for me to find a way to cope with it. I try to find an activity which requires very little effort and brain energy, like watching silly action films or documentaries. I try not to go for things which are too heavy and involve a lot of thought. Animal documentaries are good for me, personally. Cooking is another good distraction in my opinion, as it is very hard to just give up halfway through cooking a thing!

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 6:36 pm

I get bored really easily, but then can be entertained by bizarre things for long periods. Almost any repetitive action is very boring for me (most schoolwork etc., where one is forced to do the same thing over and over, especially mathematics), but then things like a random number generator (generating numbers between 0 and 999 over and over etc.) can entertain me for long periods. Each number has a different sort of feeling about it - it's sort of like tasting a variety of foods. :D

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 6:42 pm

DW19940521 wrote:
Have you ever started doing something, then you get bored of it after five minutes?
Then you just get bored of doing nothing, but don't want to start something becouse it will get boring very quickly?
Yes.

Hey, do you think we could get people to block roads and have demonstration marches for "Occupy Yourself"?
:roll: :lol:

GraysonTerry19
Raven
Raven

09 Apr 2017, 8:26 pm

DW19940521 wrote:
I having problem staying occupied and having fun with things that other people are doing for hours, but for me it just take me five minutes then i stop, and i start wondering why i started doing that thing.

When i am get bored i just don't do anything, becouse it wont occupy me for a long time.

It depends on what's going on.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2017, 1:23 am

I'm so rarely bored that I genuinely can't understand people saying "I'm bored" :D
Even if I do something repetitive over and over again, I don't get bored, maybe at some point I get like an intense feeling of "I'm sick of it" and a bit of physical nausea. I always have new books to read around me, crafty stuff like beads, my paint and paintbrushes, I can play with my animals, get sucked by Internet, go out and examine plants, take some photos... it's like... there's never enough time to even think of boredom ;)

DW19940521
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Apr 2017, 1:33 pm

Thank you all for your replies.

i will try the things that NAS, FandomConnection and RandomFox doing.

as for kites&trains&cats for the "occupy yourself" idea, we should bring pillows and trinkets, like book toys and puzzles for that kind of move.

for GraysonTerry19, i think the word that i missed is "apathy" that would really describe my state at that time.