Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2017, 3:29 pm

Hi guys just wanted to share a "homemade" stim toy of mine that came about this Easter weekend. I found that if you tape a penny onto the inside of the bottom half of a plastic Easter egg it will function like a weeble wobble and you can spin it and knock it around and watch it move. Very soothing.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 3:40 pm

This reminded me of a newish genre of Youtube videos, in which sensory stimuli are said to be very "satisfying." The word, "Satisfying," keeps coming up, in the title lines. (Or, maybe there is another name for it. )

But, people are actually recording video, of ideas like yours, and they upload it, to help others cope with life.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2017, 3:53 pm

It's posts like this that make me really want a "like" button :) I do hate the word p***y though. Just another of the words I can't say. It's even worse if you put the word "half" in front of it... yuck!

I promise to try the Kinder Egg thing but with a 1p and not a p***y :)

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 3:54 pm

Hey, I really like that penny-in-the-egg thing----COOL!! Also, it's DOUBLY cool, IMO, that you figured-it-out / made it, for yourself!!

Also, I like the idea of putting it on YouTube----maybe you could think about / do that; it might bring-in a little money, for ya.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 3:56 pm

But, will it keep rolling, in an odd way, if you put a marble, inside?