Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

apple45
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2017, 4:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on my very important senior project. I chose Aspergers because it's an important subject to me and I wanted to use this project as an opportunity to learn more.

I would be overjoyed and grateful if anyone here with Aspergers would be willing to do an online interview with me. I would like to very briefly learn about struggles or hardships you have experienced, as well as any positives you'd like to share. You don't have to reveal your real name or identity, although I would prefer you to have a webcam and to have your permission to record our chat.

If you can spare 5 or 10 minutes to share your story and answer a handful of questions, I would appreciate it very, very much.

Feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 3:46 am

There is a famous picture of President-elect Truman holding up a newspaper with the headline "Dewey defeats Truman" The newspaper had made the mistake of doing a telephone poll to predict the results, and fewer Democrats had telephones. I don't have one that works, let alone with pictures. Skype does not work, nor does it have troubleshooting. I barely care.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 6:52 am

I wouldn't mind participating in this, but it would definitely reveal my identity to you (that I do not mind but I prefer to otherwise maintain anonymity to this handle), and I do have a web-cam (that I have never used before, not on my own computers anyway, something I originally ordered for my mother to use with that Skype-programme).

Also, know that Aspie-stories tend to be far more than a mere 5-10 minutes, and same with answering questions, unless the context is very specific. Too many people in the «main-stream» world over-simplify everything.

apple45 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on my very important senior project. I chose Aspergers because it's an important subject to me and I wanted to use this project as an opportunity to learn more.

I would be overjoyed and grateful if anyone here with Aspergers would be willing to do an online interview with me. I would like to very briefly learn about struggles or hardships you have experienced, as well as any positives you'd like to share. You don't have to reveal your real name or identity, although I would prefer you to have a webcam and to have your permission to record our chat.

If you can spare 5 or 10 minutes to share your story and answer a handful of questions, I would appreciate it very, very much.

Feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you.

Stoic0209
Raven
Raven

27 Apr 2017, 6:55 am

Man, I would love to help. I wouldn't volunteer myself though, primarily for the reason that I am not officially diagnosed yet.

I would rather someone that is 100 percent sure and official to help you out. Best of luck though! sounds like a great idea!

Anon_92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Apr 2017, 7:07 am

PM sent.

I have to pick a field that does the most good for humanity. But I don't like cutting bodies up and I am afraid I'll end physics if I put my mind to it.