Emotional Fatigue And Adrenal...........

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2017, 9:44 pm

Is this normal for Aspergers? I have been very stressed with my older dog's health as well as my personal life, I took almost two weeks off to tend to both yet I still feel as if both took alot out of me mentally and physically,I don't feel fully recovered and at work (fast food) I can't keep up physically or process fast enough is this due to that for many years (31) I had a stressful upbrining? people do say the body is like a car

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2017, 10:56 pm

Yes, many mental health issues can be mentally exhausting.

Your brain is trying to process a lot at the same time, especially when sensory items come into play. In addition what the brain is normally processing you're adding a lot of additional information.

Emotions can really be taxing. And, unlike physical activity, you don't really have a point where you know the activity will end when it's mental.

Physical or mental activities, both have the same effect on our energy levels.

This is one of the more difficult things to understand of those who it effects. They don't see you physically doing something, so how could you possibly be tired. Unfortunately I think it's one of those things you have to live to fully understand.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 12:21 am

This is quite a hurdle for me, because my tank has been running low lately. A big problem for me is I feel guilty because I still measure myself to others.

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2017, 11:17 pm

The other thing is why can't I work a 30+ hour work week I am not lazy but how come I can't ''switch'' off and the anxiety and nervous last for days? are we generally ''weaker'' mentally or physically than NT's? I know everybody gets tired but at work they don't seem as affected or deal better at least

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2017, 11:27 pm

JustDoYouOK wrote:
The other thing is why can't I work a 30+ hour work week I am not lazy but how come I can't ''switch'' off and the anxiety and nervous last for days? are we generally ''weaker'' mentally or physically than NT's? I know everybody gets tired but at work they don't seem as affected or deal better at least

Considering what we put our brains through, I'd say we are stronger mentally.

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2017, 1:28 am

do you think it is hard for us to live the NT life?