Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

colequintin22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2017, 8:07 pm

Hi everyone, my name is cole. I have been surfing this website for sometime and im sure it can do me some good.

So i strongly believe i have aspergers. I Have always thought i was a little different every one else. But lately i have observed everyone of my peers way of interaction. i realized i act no way like any 17 year old guy.
I show many signs and symptoms of aspergers. Im super awkward. I have typical one sided conversations all the time with my freinds. I cannot stop running my mouth about guitar. Which is my main hobby.
I have those extreme obsessions and intense interest that are described with asd i have been obsessed with dinosaurs, world war 2, fish and the ocean, anime And i was super attached to my mom. And had extremely bad separation anxiety with her.
I getanxiety extremely bad still and also am known to have meltdowns alot. These have been stopping but the sadness and frustration is piling up and i have a hard time letting it all out

Im scared to get another job. Im scared to even meet new people and constant feeling of dread and worry always deep down in my chest..
Also i have very difficult learning and following directions. Like really bad. Theres so much more to this.

But one thing that REALLY makes me think im autistic is my brother was diagnosed with it. It only connects the dots to my current situation.

Guys help me out.. I am becoming more sad each day i am confused about myself. :(

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2017, 8:23 pm

Hi Cole! Welcome to Wrong Planet. I relate a lot to your situation, I'm almost 17 myself and I know how hard it can be to put all the pieces together and figure out what's going on with your brain. You said that you're close with your mom and that your brother has a diagnosis. So, maybe your mom would be willing to help you persue testing, especially if you explain to her how you believe you fit the criteria. Good luck I know how hard it is!

colequintin22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2017, 9:02 pm

Thank you very much im glad to be here! Im glad i am not alone with this .and I really appreciate the welcoming response!

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2017, 10:59 pm

The best answer, in my opinion, is to seek assistance from a professional.

While some of what you describe could seem to place you on the ASD, it doesn't necessarily make it so. Having anxiety about jobs or relationships are normal and are not necessarily indicative of anything, and certainly as a teenager. Confusion about oneself is also quite normal. If someone hasn't been confused or worried about where they fit in at some point in their life, that's not normal.

Regardless of whether or not you have Aspergers is really secondary. Seeing someone can help you find the answer, yes, but they can also help you cope with those issues.

Being diagnosed won't change who you are but it may give you some answers and a better idea of what sort of support you should seek.

Don't worry too much, you're going to be fine. It won't be a clear road, it never is, but getting the right support system in place is key.