Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 1:45 pm

Hello,

My latest little book, Unclouded by Longing - Meditations on Autism and Being Present in an Overwhelming World has just been released.

The book will be of interest to people who have autism - like myself - and who have an interest in the wisdom teachings of the worlds religions. However, as a Quaker, the book is naturally inclusive and as a result will also be of interest to people who are philosophically curious, have post traumatic stress disorder, and who have an interest in contemplative practice and meditation.

Wishing you all well from London.

Chris.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 2:17 pm

Sounds like a very good read, and one in line with a bit of subject matter that I have, currently, been delving into. Thanks for mentioning your book, and, much success with it, quaker !

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 2:22 pm

Your very welcome.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 3:01 pm

Thank you. I have just ordered a copy

The Quakers formed one of the places I found a home

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 3:11 pm

Thank you for responding.

If you're ever in London, do pop into Westminster meeting, it would be good to see you.

Go well out there.

Chris.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 6:16 am

I don't see any particular connection between AS and spiritual life - we are all the same in spirit. I'd be interested in how you find a connection, or a path of interest to us, but a book about religions leaves me cold. Spiritual people see our similarities; religious ones see our differences.

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 6:25 am

Hello Dear One

My little book is about my experiences (not yours) in having autism and being a Quaker.

Wishing you well from London Dear one

Chris

Ants
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2017, 2:47 am

Sounds interesting. Have you got a link or a place it can be purchased or read please?

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 2:16 pm

Hello Ants.

I have a pdf flyer but clueless as to how I get a link going. Sorry I am unable to assist you further.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 4:59 pm

Congratulations Quaker :) this is an area that I'm also interested in. Here is a link Ants:
http://www.jkp.com/uk/unclouded-by-longing-2.html

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 5:12 pm

quaker wrote:
Hello Dear One

My little book is about my experiences (not yours) in having autism and being a Quaker.

Wishing you well from London Dear one

Chris

Dear Chris,
For me, the Society of Friends does not quite qualify as a religion - I wouldn't get thrown out for speaking my mind. I can't relate to people who would risk getting involved in a religion, but I certainly wish you and your book well.

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 2:33 am

Thank you both.

I have always seen the contemplative paths of all the great religious teachings, as heading in the same direction as science. Merely approaching truth from simply different sides of the mountain - so to speak.

I care very little for what such ultimate truth is wrapped up in Dear One. Beliefs have no interest for me at all. In this context I could say that my Quaker exploration is akin to the Hadron Collider - both seeking ultimate truth - the God Particle or whatever silly word we call truth.

My interest in using words is only to move beyond words and into direct experience.

Wishing you all well.