Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

megafaggot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2017, 10:49 am

I just feel like such a loser because I can't keep up with the standards that are put on me in school, I always come incredibly exhausted home without even doing that much, I barely pass from year to year. I can't imagine having to work one day and facing all this for the rest of my life. I am not 100% sure if I do have AS and probably never will because of the poor therapists here where I live. At this point I really wish I'd would just die because even if I managed to get employed somewhere, I'd probably do very bad.

axedbits
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2017, 2:51 pm

Have you tried alternative methods of learning? Instead of trying to keep up, i found its almost always better to set our own pace, if you take more time learning some things so be it.

I always hated the school system because of that, just because some people understand things some way, doesn't mean everyone is the same.

In the matter of a job, if/when you find a passion or an interest it will be easier than learning things you don't care about, its also a good thing to set goals and reward yourself when you get better at something.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 172 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 27 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 9:50 pm

"I just feel like such a loser because I can't keep up with the standards that are put on me in school, I always come incredibly exhausted home without even doing that much, I barely pass from year to year. I can't imagine having to work one day and facing all this for the rest of my life. I am not 100% sure if I do have AS and probably never will because of the poor therapists here where I live. At this point I really wish I'd would just die because even if I managed to get employed somewhere, I'd probably do very bad."

neither your post, nor your profile, indicates your age, what subject you are taking, or what school you are taking. and, yes, it does make a difference. if you are in high school, then have different services available. get a diagnosis. if the therapists where you live are bad, then go somewhere else and get a diagnosis.

however, if you are in grad school, and you can't keep up, then maybe you should just drop out.

go to an easier school.

major in an easier subject.

get a tutor.

take fewer units.

"At this point I really wish I'd would just die because even if I managed to get employed somewhere, I'd probably do very bad"

do not tell that to a mandated reporter. they will send you to 5150. :x