Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

aloofdeer
Raven
Raven

05 May 2017, 10:02 am

When I have meltdowns I get so angry over one little thing and I lose control and go crazy. I scream I hit things I break things I punch things I smash my head on walls so hard I think I just gave myself even more brain damage. It's like i'm a freaking child. Does anyone know how to cope with violent meltdowns? It would be nice not having to explain I broke a door because of some childish reason.

FrankStein
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2017, 11:41 am

Somebody a few days ago fixed broken glass in a door I slammed. When I think back about the reason for my explosion it does not seem anywhere near the level to justify such a reaction. My father was the same way. There are certainly many who would like some help with this.

aloofdeer
Raven
Raven

05 May 2017, 11:54 am

FrankStein wrote:
Somebody a few days ago fixed broken glass in a door I slammed. When I think back about the reason for my explosion it does not seem anywhere near the level to justify such a reaction. My father was the same way. There are certainly many who would like some help with this.

Anger issues run in my family too. I tried taking a hot shower and it calmed me down a little. Maybe that could help someone else too.