Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 2:37 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
If I'm paying attention to the numbers, I have a photographic memory. I am an adding machine.

If I'm paying attention to people, I can't find the buttons. I was in trouble for not being engaging-enough.

Otherwise, perfect discipline.

The name was written on my tag, horribly. I wiped it off, with cleaner (on my own time), and replaced it, with a legible, printed label, and got in trouble for that. I would typically look for pragmatic, win-win solutions, and lose promotions and job interviews, for not following the narrowly-worded policies. You were generally supposed to ask for the advice of management, at each, small juncture, and, then, not to ask too often. Either way was wrong. Lose-lose.

I oriented managers, and new hires, and was usually liked, for making things work, without any head trips. I would get the combinations to safes, and be trusted to handle large amounts of money, but without any expectation of a survivable wage and reliable transportation.
Goodness. What a shame that you and your talents were so under-appreciated. Had you been my employee, you would have been paid extremely well.

Wreck It Ralph

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 2:43 pm

Thanks very much.