Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 3:04 pm

For the last few days I seem to have had quite a lot of what feels like nervous energy (or can that be part of anxiety?). I can't relax, my brain is just all over the place, can't concentrate on anything, a lot of pacing around, not sleeping well etc. Also found myself feeling really pretty down the last few days, much more than usual. Not usually prone to depression though I would say I am quite an up and down person, normally I am either really chirpy and energetic or very quiet and withdrawn, but the last few days I have just felt so low it's hard to explain.

Wtf is going on? Anyone else feel like this?

(Diagnosed with aspergers 8 months ago aged 37)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 11:56 pm

Perhaps something has disrupted your normal pattern of the balance between your major neurotransmitters somehow. The calming and focusing neurotransmitters are serotonin and GABA. Some foods and amino acids can help boost these, if you want to explore that option via Google.

Anon_92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2017, 3:00 am

I keep a post it pad and pen at the ready at all times. When I get a good idea, I write it down and forget it. When I get another idea, I write it down and forget it. At the end of the day I organize my post-it notes and determine if it's worth the effort or if it's a waste of time, prioritize it, then plan to do it the next day or pre-plan it that evening.

Autopilot
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 May 2017, 3:25 am

This is very strange because I, too, have been feeling this way. Can't sleep, anxiety is worse (panic attacks), more depressive but at the same time energetic. Sometimes it happens when the weather changes but that doesn't seem to be the case.