Feeling really anxious about 2 bathroom rugs

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 2:03 pm

My mum got some new bathroom rugs and was going to throw the old ones away. I liked the old bathroom rugs so I saved them by saying that maybe my boyfriend can have them in his bathroom, as he hasn't got any. They are nice rugs, and still in a nice condition, and when I asked him if he wanted them he said yes.
So my mum washed them, dried them, then gave them to my boyfriend to take home. But later when he phoned me, he told me that he didn't like them and that he threw them away (but told me not to tell my mum in case it hurt her feelings).

I don't know why, but I feel quite upset that he just threw away 2 perfectly good bathroom rugs. They've been in our bathroom for years, and I thought I was saving them by asking my boyfriend if he wanted them. Now I feel sorry for them, as now they are never going to be safe and warm in a bathroom again. :cry:
Also I feel sorry for my mum for taking the time to wash them so they are nice and fresh before happily giving them a new home. I know she doesn't know, but I still feel sorry for her.

I just feel sad now. But it makes me feel better to share it on WP.

tw0493
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2017, 2:13 pm

I have had similar scenarios like this. One instance for example, is I'll spill something like a drink. It was a perfectly good drink. It was full and ready to be consumed. Now it's nothing and another drink won't be the same as that one. I am sad this drink is ruined and I feel horrible. There are many time I have similar scenarios like this.

I can't think of anything else right off the bat except that example.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 2:19 pm

I am sorry that happened Joe. I think I would feel hurt if that had happened to me. I am glad it makes you feel a little better to share it here. Now they can line that bathrooms in heaven. :D

Wreck It Ralph

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 2:51 pm

I'd also feel the same way if the same thing happened to me.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 4:20 pm

Aww, that's sad. At least you loved them.

I've had problems personifying things too, but I think people should care about objects around them. Otherwise you're just surrounded by meaningless things!

Besides, if skibum is right and they are in heaven, just imagine whose feet they might be warming! Joan of Arc, maybe? :D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 1:32 pm

Thanks guys for understanding. Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

I've just got to remind myself that millions of objects get thrown away every day.