hi everyone, do you feel you see life in a sort of 3 D way?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

mariag
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2007, 7:43 pm

first of all, sorry for my english as i am spanish and sometimes cant express myself as good as id like to.
So i hope this makes some sense to you, could you tell me if you do feel you see life in more dimensions than NT? or something like that..hehe
I know my mum does see things i cant really see, like she can see reality in more dimensions than i do, so that her picture of reality is way bigger than mine, thats why she can solve some everyday problems in a different but more practical way than us NT, which has always amazed me, and my family.
So id like to know if you guys fell this way too, and would appreciate if you could explain it better than me in english, which might not be hard for u, lol .
Cheers

PBNJ

29 May 2007, 8:27 pm

I'm assuming your mother is an Aspie or has autism. First off, even if we did percieve reality in different 'dimensions' than NTs, how could we tell the difference :?

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2007, 8:43 pm

hmmm... not sure if I'm reading it right or not, but there are times I can handle things just fine-but I have steps to take to get things done. If I have multiple things to do in one day, I have it mentally blocked pretty much-a route to take to go to all of the places and do what I need to before I even head out... however my bf will just drive around aimlessly asking where he should go next or not having much idea.

It's not just with driving-before I make dinner, I've watched the "directions" over and over in my mind before I start.

So when these things are expressed, or done, they look a lot easier, but no one knows how much planning goes on in my head before and while I'm doing something.

Other days however, I'm mess after mess, I can't get it done right, I just can't no matter how hard I try-over the same exact things sometimes.

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking, but I'm also not sure what kinds of "every day" tasks you mean, as everyone does things a bit differently :)

...and I wouldn't say my reality is bigger than anyone else's-it just depends on perception. I notice a LOT of things that others overlook, so I see a lot more during the days due to that... I don't see the big picture, I don't see the over all... all I notice are the small things that lead up to other things, and everything that I see somehow connects to something else in my mind.

However, without knowing what anyone else actually thinks about, or sees, it's very hard to say or describe how it's different.