Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2005, 1:46 pm

HOLY SHI*! What is that?! I can read most of it, but 8O Ahh!! ! 8O

synchro
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jun 2005, 1:48 pm

An odd thing in my case is that for a time I was able to write in calligraphy, in many different fonts. I taught myself to write this way a long time ago, to impress a girl who had left me. (It didn’t work.) My writing was beautiful, but only because I concentrated on writing one letter at a time. There was no flow to the work, but the end product was impressive. It would take me days to write a simple, two page letter.

MapReader
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jun 2005, 2:42 pm

Throughout my school years my teachers criticised my handwriting more than anything. I can't blame them, it must have made their job more difficult. Sometimes it was suggested I wasn't trying hard enough, or being inconsiderate of the person who had to read it. I understand why they would think that, but now I realise this was just part of my co-ordination problems, which were in turn part of Aspergers. I was bright - I was often told I would pass exams if half my paper was legible.

Sometimes people comment on how I hold my pen - too low down near the nib, and too tightly. Much the same with a knife and fork.

Nowadays its not a problem, I can type well, and fast. It's strange that some forms of co-ordination are a problem and not others. I can play keyboard instruments pretty well too.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2005, 2:51 pm

Civet, my hand writting literally looks like scribbling next to yours. Mine is so bad in letters + oreintation that it becomes illegiable to me if I forget what I was writing about.

Cramps happen to me all the time. Thank god I live in the computer age with keyboards. :roll:

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2005, 12:32 am

I used to have horrible handwriting, but I've worked on it and now it's only bad handwriting. But the strange thing is that I'm always able to read what most people call illegible handwriting more easily than "neat" handwriting. Perhaps because I'm so used to reading my own.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2005, 10:44 am

I have made it a point to use my own special writing style that I only can read. It looks like I jumble words and letters real close together. Mainly because I don't like writing in the first place and if I do write I typicly don't want people reading it, because I am very paranoid.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2005, 1:14 pm

My handwriting has generally been legible, although the styles change frequently. So, sometimes it doesn't even look like the same person wrote it.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2005, 2:45 pm

wow, that is an exact represenation of my handwriting, i'd use a different color though. ^_^

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2005, 2:54 pm

Magic, I find I have extreme trouble reading cursive in general. My mother writes perfect cursive and I can't read it at all, so I frequently ask her to re-write it in printing. I wonder if this is common here?

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2005, 5:51 pm

I have trouble reading my mother's cursive. However, I think many people do, so...

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2005, 9:49 pm

I have trouble reading some people's cursive, but I can usually guess certain words through context clues. I guess my print isn't all that bad compared to your guys's.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2005, 9:58 am

My handwriting at it's best looks about like the computer font on Microsoft Word called "Minstrel". It's small, cursivey and very difficult for others to read. I also don't think that it helps than I'm left-handed.

Like synchro, I've been learning calligraphy, which has improved my handwriting some, but people still complain they can't read it. (When I don't have to turn things in at school, I tend to write in mirror script, kind of like da Vinci did.)

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2005, 10:43 am

My handwriting sucks to a degree.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.