Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 8:11 pm

I'm trying to write a short story right now.

CURRENT IDEAS:
The story will be consisting of two plot lines, marked α and β. The α line consists of the world we know today. The β line is the world if it got to the progression developmentally to where our world is today and autistic individuals make up the majorities of society.

The purpose of the story is to promote that neither a neurotypical nor autistic mind type, but criticize the way human nature views both sides, and people will inevitably discriminate the different anyway.

I also want to design a setting for the antagonist to be in (perhaps school, workplace was debated)

Neutrotypicals in the β line are referred to as people with Johnsonism. The "developmental abnormality" was discovered by Joseph Johnson in the 19th Century, who observed abnormally high social intelligence and noticeable use of sarcastic or casual speak.

More criteria based on: http://isnt.autistics.org/dsn.html

More coming soon...

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 11:15 am

BeggingTurtle wrote:
I'm trying to write a short story right now.

CURRENT IDEAS:
The story will be consisting of two plot lines, marked α and β. The α line consists of the world we know today. The β line is the world if it got to the progression developmentally to where our world is today and autistic individuals make up the majorities of society.

The purpose of the story is to promote that neither a neurotypical nor autistic mind type, but criticize the way human nature views both sides, and people will inevitably discriminate the different anyway.

I also want to design a setting for the antagonist to be in (perhaps school, workplace was debated)

Neutrotypicals in the β line are referred to as people with Johnsonism. The "developmental abnormality" was discovered by Joseph Johnson in the 19th Century, who observed abnormally high social intelligence and noticeable use of sarcastic or casual speak.

More criteria based on: http://isnt.autistics.org/dsn.html

More coming soon...

May I call dibs on making a film adaptation?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 3:55 am

Oops.

Last edited by Dear_one on 09 Jul 2017, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 6:15 am

Dear_one wrote:
What would you add to this?
I am doing this for my own project
Thanks
Alex Clark

Punctuation, capitalization, paragraph breaks and other standard reader aids are needed before further evaluation.

Wrong thread dude :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard