Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 11:30 pm

I think heat cause my anxiety, I don't get anxiety in the fall or winter. I been getting more anxiety when I'm walking in my apartment.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 3:22 am

I love the heat. I get upset when it cools down.

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2017, 5:36 am

Excessive heat (+25C) at work eventually caused enough anxiety, stress, insomnia and time off work to lead to my diagnosis.

Heat with airflow (i.e. outside) is not so much of a problem, but an indoor, stuffy, humid heat with no ventilation is a big problem.

Ironically, whilst I don't like it, I think I cope better than the others at work.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jul 2017, 5:39 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I think heat cause my anxiety, I don't get anxiety in the fall or winter. I been getting more anxiety when I'm walking in my apartment.

I can't take heat at all. I'm so grateful when it snows.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 5:56 am

I've gotten increasingly confused, stressed out and disoriented over the last few days, and the heat is the biggest contributor. When it comes to sensitivities, heat is the worst.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 9:22 am

I get sick when it gets too hot. Seventy-five degrees is the perfect temperature for me. When it hits the 80s and 90s, it just about makes me faint. On the other hand, cold, damp and gloomy weather will also make me feel bad.

The heat has really been doing a number on players and fans at Wimbledon. Two people in the stands have already fainted.

obsessingoverobsessions
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jul 2017, 9:30 am

Claradoon wrote:
I can't take heat at all. I'm so grateful when it snows.

Me too!

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 12:04 pm

I've noticed over the past few years that my anxiety gets worse in the summer too, with the heat. I tend to like it colder.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 7:07 pm

I have worse anxiety in the summer. Both from the heat and the extra long extra bright days.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 10:37 pm

This is rather basic. :|

Heat does rise tension and stress in general, as well as reaction of discomfort. Heat does makes things 'faster'. And where does one think where the phrase "Heat things up" came from?
Certain emotions is associated with heat.

The cold does the opposite as it makes things slower, and more lax.

Heat, however, is more of my comfort zone than cold. :lol: Not because of my geographical location (natives here prefer cold), possibly because I need more of it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 10:48 pm

I live in one of those wonderful places where it can easily get below 0 F (~-15C) in winter and consistently hovers between 95 F - 100 F (35C-38C) in summer. I don't mind the brutally cold winters, I can always add more clothing if necessary, but I hate the heat of summer since there's only so much clothing one can peel off before the police get called...

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 4:01 pm

I am the opposite. I feel calm when it's hot (I will ever go outside to warm myself if I don't feel comfortable - it calms me down) and I am all depressed and anxious during the cold months and even when the weather isn't good during the summer. I especially hate winter months because central heating makes noise that can trigger sensory overload and i cant scape because the cold outside also causes sensory overload. Its not a matter of "wearing more clothes" - no clothes can make my face warm and if I wear a warm jacket I will soon get too hot under it while my face is freezing cold. Very uncomfortable.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 4:24 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
I live in one of those wonderful places where it can easily get below 0 F (~-15C) in winter and consistently hovers between 95 F - 100 F (35C-38C) in summer. I don't mind the brutally cold winters, I can always add more clothing if necessary, but I hate the heat of summer since there's only so much clothing one can peel off before the police get called...

Can you wear shorts

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 4:41 pm

This is the first summer I have more anxiety, I think it started in May, I don't get it all the time. I usually get anxiety when I clean, my body makes heat & I have Psoriasis, cleaning makes me more hot & I can itch, it doesn't matter if I have my fan & A/C on, I can still get hot & uncomfortable. And I'm in premenopause so I get hot & sweaty.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2017, 11:39 am

It's 40 degrees celsius outside. The air conditioning broke down. The kids are begging for ice cream. I am a mother grizzly. I need to get away from people before I say something unforgiveable.

Alexinwonderland
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jul 2017, 8:06 am

The heat makes me anxious and sick too. I suffer from IBS and the hot weather makes it 5 times worse, I get anxious leaving the house when it's warm incase I have an attack :(.... and i eat very little when im out/ at work so I try and stay at home as much as possible during the summer and eat when I get home.

What I hate about the summer is that it's impossible to cool yourself down especially at night, but at least during the winter you can just give yourself extra blankets, warm drinks and a hot water bottle to warm yourself up. Although I get frequent colds during the summer, I would rather have them then feel sick and anxious and get bad IBS in the summer.