Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2017, 4:35 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
You're not a fake.

You know that people can read most posts without creating an account. They only can't go into the "Members Only" section.

Yeah, I know they can read most posts. I was just wondering if other people think that could have happened, instead of the OP being banned.

That could certainly be the case, though I think it's unlikely. I doubt a person would hang around long enough to observe a change in the membership and feel attached enough to bemoan the loss of 'genuine' members and not have created an account.

I do think it more likely that perhaps they had another account and lost the password.

However, if either were the case all the OP has to do is say so.

Regardless, I still think it was not a nice post.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 4:46 pm

People (banned people) have done this in the past.

They feel upset that they were banned, so they troll.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 4:54 pm

Maybe I sprung to mind, as I do seem rather NT in some ways. But (unfortunately) I do have Asperger's, ADHD and anxiety disorder, no kidding.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:04 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
from somewhere wrote:
This site almost feel like it has been hijacked by suddenly appearing fakes, anyone feel this? I miss those genuine folks who are not here anymore.

You Joined this site all of ten days ago. Your whole tenure on Wrong Planet all of ten friggin days. And you have made all of only one post.

So how the heck would you know anything about how Wrongplanet ever was in any previous time? Or about how it might have changed from any previous time?

Your post is phony, and I am calling you out as a troll.

That's why I think it's a banned returned member so I reported it and they found no matches. Maybe they are using a different IP address. No one would come to a forum and make this post if they were a true newbie.

Do you think they could have just been reading posts here without creating an account? I'm quite new here- that's why I'm wondering if I'm a "fake".

The human ego rarely garners the satisfaction it otherwise would from posting if it was lurking in the background.
I'm unfortunately having to be cryptic. Wouldn't want to be tried at the stake for personal attacks.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:24 pm

will@rd wrote:
soloha wrote:
from somewhere wrote:
This site almost feel like it has been hijacked by suddenly appearing fakes, anyone feel this? I miss those genuine folks who are not here anymore.

I thought maybe you were a veteran when you referred to missing folks where aren't here any more. I'm a little confused by your join date and post count.

I don't know why anyone would want to put time and effort into faking ASD. As others have mentioned perhaps it's a case of co-morbidity. I'm usually pretty cynical but in this case I think, at worst, maybe some people are just trying to find themselves....

Post count can be misleading, I once left for a couple of years, and when I came back, I couldn't remember my old password and had to create an alternate account, so my current post count is off by over six thousand.

OTOH, I agree it would be very odd for anyone to want to waste their time posing as someone with autism, just to have a place to hang out and troll (it does happen occasionally with a solitary post, but they're easy to spot, and most trolls get bored quickly).

I would consider that behavior indicative of some other mental disorder, as well as abject loneliness, (which is actually common here).

It is true, however, that a lot of old regulars do seem to have moved on, but I know for a fact (because I've spoken with several privately) that the reasons generally had to do with rules against personal insults not being enforced, and mods who beat up on autistic members for being too brutally honest with NT posters who didn't want to hear the truth about how their kids were not going to turn 18 and wake up cured of their autism. The overall atmosphere is noticeably different now, less friendly as a community, and overpopulated by the arrogant and angry. So the OP is not entirely wrong.

Lol!

There have always been arrogant and angry folks on WP.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:26 pm

What are you talking about?
We're all really awesome.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:29 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Maybe I sprung to mind, as I do seem rather NT in some ways. But (unfortunately) I do have Asperger's, ADHD and anxiety disorder, no kidding.

I have been accused of being an NT before so I guess I should take it as a compliment because I worked so hard to be normal and that would mean I have worked real hard and I have improved so much I am now an NT. Does that still make me a fake, a fake NT that is? :lol:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:31 pm

The OP has not returned to defend him/herself in the very thread that they started.

Further evidence that they are troll.

But if they were not a troll then they need to explain what they mean by "fake". Kinda vague criticism.

Does the person mean "faking autism"? Or that they are "fake" in some other way?

Last edited by naturalplastic on 24 Jul 2017, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I have been accused of being an NT before so I guess I should take it as a compliment because I worked so hard to be normal and that would mean I have worked real hard and I have improved so much I am now an NT. Does that still make me a fake, a fake NT that is? :lol:

The OP thinks that you're a fake autistic ( you act to NT to be true they think). But in realit you're a fake NT. :lol:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:34 pm

The OP is from the same country as me.

The OP has another account which was banned, and is currently active (or was recently) on another account.

*sits back*

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:43 pm

from somewhere wrote:

Um, you are a one post Emu Egg. What would you know about this place?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:14 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The OP has not returned to defend him/herself in the very thread that they started.

Further evidence that they are troll.

But if they were not a troll then they need to explain what they mean by "fake". Kinda vague criticism.

Does the person mean "faking autism"? Or that they are "fake" in some other way?

Why would a troll do a hit and run post? Isn't the whole point of trolling is to do it for a reaction? Why make a post to stir up trouble and not even bother coming back to see what trouble they have caused? That doesn't sound like fun.

Maybe the OP is just sitting here watching and not responding.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:16 pm

Joe90 wrote:

That's just your anxiety talking Joe. This is exactly what a vague post from a troll wants - mind games - refuse to play them

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:16 pm

Just out of curiosity, what are all the animal based ranks here? I'm enjoying it and wondering what I will morph into next...

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:17 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
The OP is from the same country as me.

The OP has another account which was banned, and is currently active (or was recently) on another account.

*sits back*

How do you know? Do you know the OP?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:17 pm

Trolls frequently do that...because they just want to do a one-time shock-post.

It's like the kid who rings your doorbell, and runs.