Hit head for first time - Got brain damage

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

invalidjrunes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2017, 2:36 am

Hi everyone, in the past few months I somewhat developed a form of strange head banging behavior at night. Long story short I actually manage to cause myself a concussion and really f**k my brain up bad because of poor medical advice (ER told me I "seemed fine") and so I continued to do those behaviors, until I f****d up my brai nso badly I could barely type for weeks.

Im actually surprised at how many of yall actually not getting brain injuries from the head hits.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 2:38 am

on what did you hit your head?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 3:11 am

invalidjrunes wrote:
Hi everyone, in the past few months I somewhat developed a form of strange head banging behavior at night. Long story short I actually manage to cause myself a concussion and really f**k my brain up bad because of poor medical advice (ER told me I "seemed fine") and so I continued to do those behaviors, until I f****d up my brai nso badly I could barely type for weeks.

Im actually surprised at how many of yall actually not getting brain injuries from the head hits.

That's not funny.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 3:14 am

Raleigh wrote:
invalidjrunes wrote:

That's not funny.

Perceptive.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 3:17 am

EzraS wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
invalidjrunes wrote:

That's not funny.

Perceptive.

Now that's funny.

invalidjrunes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2017, 5:11 am

No really I am very surprised. I simply moved in my arm and accidentally palm striked my face in my sleep, I didn't think it was hard at all at the time and did not have any bruising or marks. Then the next day I had vision problems, couldn't walk straight etc.

Right before the incident I was actually dealing with these issues and came here after googling for people who had these same tendencies. I saw the thread in which people described hitting their faces till they were bruised, hitting their heads on walls. I saw videos of autistic head hitting.

I am pretty sure if any of those happened to me , I wouldn't just have brain damage but actually be dead. Its just crazy to me. Either I am somehow a medical anomality when it comes to the natural protection of my brain or you all are actually sustaining concussions but not knowing about it.

invalidjrunes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2017, 5:24 am

Oh and if you're wondering why I decided to post here, its because I saw those posts in the past and decided that the sort of behavior wasn't very dangerous as I saw many people posting "It's not that easy to cause a concussion and unlikely with your own hands". Unfortunately just a week later I got destroyed :(

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 5:27 am

Yep, it's all our fault. :roll:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 6:05 am

invalidjrunes wrote:
Oh and if you're wondering why I decided to post here, its because I saw those posts in the past and decided that the sort of behavior wasn't very dangerous as I saw many people posting "It's not that easy to cause a concussion and unlikely with your own hands". Unfortunately just a week later I got destroyed :(

Obviously you didn't read the "DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME" disclaimer.

Also it's a scientific fact that the head of an autistic person 6.2399% thicker than that of the average mountain goat.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 6:47 am

invalidjrunes wrote:
"It's not that easy to cause a concussion and unlikely with your own hands". Unfortunately just a week later I got destroyed :(

Yes it is very unlikely to cause concussion with your own hands but it's the repetitive nature that makes it more likely.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

invalidjrunes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2017, 12:03 pm

sorry what? How come not more autistic people get severely concussed?

Stoic0209
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2017, 12:17 pm

Were you diagnosed with a concussion?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 12:19 pm

invalidjrunes wrote:

Because their carers put helmets on them.

Probably most of the autistic people who bang their head start doing it when they are children, so there is someone watching them and learning their behavior who makes sure they don't hurt themselves from that time onward.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 12:22 pm

invalidjrunes wrote:

Everyone's different ?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

invalidjrunes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2017, 12:38 pm

I actually had to go out and buy a helmet. Can't say it did much good because I was hitting my face area.

Stoic0209
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2017, 12:41 pm

invalidjrunes wrote:
I actually had to go out and buy a helmet. Can't say it did much good because I was hitting my face area.

Did you get a diagnosis of concussion?