Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 11:07 pm

RAADS-R taken on 7/30/2017

Total score: 149.0
Language: 11.0
Social relatedness: 56.0
Sensory/motor: 45.0
Circumscribed interests: 37.0

I self-identify as being on the spectrum. The last time I took it (last year), the score was in the 143 range.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 11:49 pm

Total score: 198.0
Language: 20.0
Social relatedness: 82.0
Sensory/motor: 54.0
Circumscribed interests: 42.0

I wasn't quite sure how to answer on some of the questions. I do better with a measure of frequency rather than presence or absence - I'm not sure how much is significant for some of these. Several of them would have been "sometimes," not really "yes/no," or part of the question applied to me but not all of it. I had to guess which way I should go on those.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 8:11 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
RAADS-R taken on 7/30/2017

Total score: 149.0
Language: 11.0
Social relatedness: 56.0
Sensory/motor: 45.0
Circumscribed interests: 37.0

I self-identify as being on the spectrum. The last time I took it (last year), the score was in the 143 range.

My score sometimes goes up by a few points as I observe myself more in social situations. Sometimes I don't realize that I have no social skills :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 8:15 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:

I wasn't quite sure how to answer on some of the questions. I do better with a measure of frequency rather than presence or absence - I'm not sure how much is significant for some of these. Several of them would have been "sometimes," not really "yes/no," or part of the question applied to me but not all of it. I had to guess which way I should go on those.

Nice :D . Yeah, some of the questions are pretty hard to answer. I tried taking the test as if it was like what you describe. So, true now& when young is strongly agree, true now is slightly agree, true when I was young is slightly disagree, and never true is strongly disagree. It works- I get around the same score and the questions are easier to answer.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Mewbeez
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2017, 10:59 am

Total score: 164.0
Language: 10.0
Social relatedness: 89.0
Sensory/motor: 30.0
Circumscribed interests: 35.0

My score varies somewhere between 160-170 each time because some of the questions are a little hard to answer. I agree that there should have been an option for "sometimes". As an example, I take things literally on occasion, but it happens much less frequently than when I was younger. I'm not very literal compared to a lot of other aspies, so I feel like it shouldn't be heavily weighted as, say, my social deficits.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 11:07 am

Mewbeez wrote:
Total score: 164.0
Language: 10.0
Social relatedness: 89.0
Sensory/motor: 30.0
Circumscribed interests: 35.0

My score varies somewhere between 160-170 each time because some of the questions are a little hard to answer. I agree that there should have been an option for "sometimes". As an example, I take things literally on occasion, but it happens much less frequently than when I was younger. I'm not very literal compared to a lot of other aspies, so I feel like it shouldn't be heavily weighted as, say, my social deficits.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I can be literal, but I'm not most of the time. I get expressions and things of that nature by processing it literally instead of figuratively first. I usually get a score somewhere around 180.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 11:40 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Nice :D . Yeah, some of the questions are pretty hard to answer. I tried taking the test as if it was like what you describe. So, true now& when young is strongly agree, true now is slightly agree, true when I was young is slightly disagree, and never true is strongly disagree. It works- I get around the same score and the questions are easier to answer.

Ah, OK. I wasn't sure how it scored those, so I did't know if that would mess things up. When I take it like that, my score is...

Total Score: 188.0
Language: 17.0
Social relatedness: 83.0
Sensory/motor: 50.0
Circumscribed interests: 38.0

So slightly lower, but not too far off from the first time.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 11:43 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Ah, OK. I wasn't sure how it scored those, so I did't know if that would mess things up. When I take it like that, my score is...

Total Score: 188.0
Language: 17.0
Social relatedness: 83.0
Sensory/motor: 50.0
Circumscribed interests: 38.0

So slightly lower, but not too far off from the first time.

Yeah, it's just interesting to see how scores compare when you take the test that way :D .

mathiebrungrand
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Aug 2017, 7:45 pm

My formal evaluation states a score of 195, but they did not provided a breakdown.

Probably because the evaluator said that I am bipolar and that the symptoms of my mood disorder display as symptoms of autism spectrum disorder and i was not diagnosed with ASD as a result but rather bipolar type I. the jury is still out on that as my psychotherapist does not seem to agree with the diagnosis

I think that I should request more information, so that I at least know for the future.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 8:56 pm

139.5 average 15.0 71.0 25.0 28.5

Highest 150.0 15.0 72.0 30.0 33.0
Lowest 126.0 15.0 66.0 21.0 24.0

On quite a few I'd like to answer 'sometimes'. Score varies depending on whether I put the ones I'd like to answer 'sometimes' to as true or not true.

Personally I prefer tests with a Likert (hope that's right word) scale.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 9:03 pm

mathiebrungrand wrote:
My formal evaluation states a score of 195, but they did not provided a breakdown.

Probably because the evaluator said that I am bipolar and that the symptoms of my mood disorder display as symptoms of autism spectrum disorder and i was not diagnosed with ASD as a result but rather bipolar type I. the jury is still out on that as my psychotherapist does not seem to agree with the diagnosis

I think that I should request more information, so that I at least know for the future.

Yeah, I think you should try to request more information to be honest.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 9:05 pm

firemonkey wrote:

On quite a few I'd like to answer 'sometimes'. Score varies depending on whether I put the ones I'd like to answer 'sometimes' to as true or not true.

I'm going to guess a Likert scale is the strongly agree, slightly agree, slightly disagree, strongly disagree?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 9:16 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

I'm going to guess a Likert scale is the strongly agree, slightly agree, slightly disagree, strongly disagree?

Wasn't sure I'd got the word right so googled it. This is from Wikipedia.

Quote:
The format of a typical five-level Likert item, for example, could be:

Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neither agree nor disagree
Agree
Strongly agree

Quote:
Likert Scale Examples

Agreement

Frequency

Strongly Agree
Agree
Undecided
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Very Frequently
Frequently
Occasionally
Rarely
Never

Importance

Likelihood

Very Important
Important
Moderately Important
Of Little Importance
Unimportant

Almost Always True
Usually True
Occasionally True
Usually Not True
Almost Never True

https://www.simplypsychology.org/likert-scale.html

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 9:18 pm

firemonkey wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

Wasn't sure I'd got the word right so googled it. This is from Wikipedia.

Quote:
The format of a typical five-level Likert item, for example, could be:

Strongly disagree
Disagree
Neither agree nor disagree
Agree
Strongly agree

Quote:
Likert Scale Examples

Agreement

Frequency

Strongly Agree
Agree
Undecided
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

Very Frequently
Frequently
Occasionally
Rarely
Never

Importance

Likelihood

Very Important
Important
Moderately Important
Of Little Importance
Unimportant

Almost Always True
Usually True
Occasionally True
Usually Not True
Almost Never True

https://www.simplypsychology.org/likert-scale.html

Oh right I know what that is. It does make tests easier to answer- sometimes I take the RAADS-R as if it was a Likert Scale with four choices.

mathiebrungrand

01 Aug 2017, 9:22 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
mathiebrungrand wrote:

Thank you for your advice, I will definitely ask for more detail

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 9:26 pm

mathiebrungrand wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
mathiebrungrand wrote:

Many people (especially women) are diagnosed and/or misdiagnosed with another condition before ASD. That's quite a high score- I really think you need more information.