Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MASTERJEDI360
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Aug 2017, 5:56 pm

Good evening!!

I am currently doing a survey in identifying the needs of families with kids and adults in the Autism Spectrum and work on the services needed to help them with their needs. I am asking you all to share this survey with your families, friends, coworkers and other people within your networks. The more people that participate , the more likely we find effective and efficient solutions to help our people with Autism/ Asperger to live a much better life. If you all have any questions or suggest further improvements to survey , let me know. Thanks for your support.

Link to survey":
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3694792/A ... ess-Survey

Tony

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:07 pm

Quote:
Note: If you answered yes, go to question 14. If you answered no, go to question 15.

That would cause an infinite loop. You also ask for the person's income and then ask if they have a job. You ask if the person has a degree and also if they are going to school. A few contradictory questions there that don't really flow.

IgA
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2017, 7:27 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Quote:

That would cause an infinite loop. You also ask for the person's income and then ask if they have a job. You ask if the person has a degree and also if they are going to school. A few contradictory questions there that don't really flow.

Thought that question meant, "do you have a source of money?", but can come from other places besides a taxable job -- like disability benefits or inheritance. Income is usually meant to be about earned income, but can just also be about having a source of money that you can live on to pay for living expenses. People who live on interest for inheritance don't have a job, but still have income.

I go to school, but also have 2 college degrees. That isn't contradictory.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 7:46 pm

IgA wrote:
Thought that question meant, "do you have a source of money?", but can come from other places besides a taxable job -- like disability benefits or inheritance.

An instance where someone has an income of 75k+ from disability or insurance is such an extreme edge case it's not worth thinking about.

MASTERJEDI360
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Aug 2017, 7:51 pm

I fixed the income question. I added the option of No Income. When I referred to income, I am referring if you get money from any of the following sources: job, business, retirement, pension and disability payments. I do not count getting money from friends or family as a income. Hope this helps.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:56 pm

I did the survey. I'm living a very good life as it is, though.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 9:57 pm

I tried taking the survey, but I quickly realized that it wasn't made for kids :lol: . I don't think success is all about how much money you take home, though :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 9:00 am

According to the metrics of this survey, I am moderately successful, mostly in the educational sphere. I am above average in educational attainment, but still far behind in earned income for someone my age, although this is improving slowly and my responsibilities at work are expanding. Socially, I am growing and emerging and making a growing circle of friends.

By most objective measures, I am still way behind, but my life is improving quite a bit.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 10:35 am

I put no income, no job, as i am not entitled to state benefit nor disability due to my non-compliance with many sessions at a recruitment agency which resulted in no money to pay my debts which interest is stacking up and i can't do anything about it.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 1:12 pm

I would do the survey, but there is constant nagging about "a child" in the questions. There are adults with autism, and children grow up to become adults. The survey is severely broken as is.

"Does the child have a diploma"? How TF would i know? I'm an adult and i dont have (or want) any children.

Loose the damn focus on children, they have been overrepresented in surveys/academia about Autism/Aspergers since - ever.

MASTERJEDI360
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Aug 2017, 9:35 pm

I updated the survey. I posted the link this new forum post: viewtopic.php?t=352530

MASTERJEDI360
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Aug 2017, 8:48 pm

Good evening to all!

I want to thank all of who have participated in my survey , which purpose is to identify the challenges that people in the ASD spectrum are currently facing and work on creating a program to help you all in improving the skills necessary to have a better life, especially adults in the spectrum. After suggestions and recommendations from members at this forum, I updated the survey to make it more clear and avoid any confusion with the questions (for example, eliminating the third person references like "the child" in some of the questions at the survey) . The goal is to get all of you that are in the spectrum people to specifically participate in the survey. If you have any questions or any suggestions , feel free to let me know. Please share the survey with everyone that you know that is diagnosed in the ASD spectrum. Thank you so much for your support!! !

Link to survey:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3774572/A ... ess-Survey

Tony HP

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2017, 10:18 pm

I wish you luck with this survey.

A few comments and suggestions to help further refine it:

You suggest we pass this around to people we know. Wouldn't that create a bias in your data, since this would lead to people would probably be filling out data in reference to a single person?

What are the problems that the child (or yourself) with Autism/Asperger's is facing right now?
To me, this question seems vague. Do you mean socially? Job wise? Emotionally? You could probably break this down into a few more specific questions.

After question 14, you say "If you said yes, go to question 14 or..." It's clear that you meant 15 and 16 where you put in 14 and 15 but you should correct that to avoid future confusion.

Some other questions to consider putting in:

ones about past experiences of the people answering for themselves. School, home life, social issues.

Adult successes: jobs, social, capacity to function with our disability, advantages vs disadvantages

I hope that your survey goes well.

MASTERJEDI360
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Aug 2017, 5:56 am

Good morning!,

Please do not use the first link that I posted on the forum. That link has the outdated survey. Use the most recent link I put for the correct survey. I am going to put it here just in case. Please all go to my new forum post, where you can access the survey link. Thank you all for your support.

Link to forum:
viewtopic.php?t=352597

Link to survey:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3774572/A ... ess-Survey

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 10:18 am

MASTERJEDI360 wrote:
Good evening!!

I am currently doing a survey in identifying the needs of families with kids and adults in the Autism Spectrum and work on the services needed to help them with their needs. I am asking you all to share this survey with your families, friends, coworkers and other people within your networks. The more people that participate , the more likely we find effective and efficient solutions to help our people with Autism/ Asperger to live a much better life. If you all have any questions or suggest further improvements to survey , let me know. Thanks for your support.

Link to survey":
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3694792/A ... ess-Survey

Tony

Question number 6 is impossible to awnser assuming you A. Have autism/aspergers and B. Have a Autistic/Aspie relative. Same with Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, and Fourteen. :roll: :tired:

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:53 pm

Done