Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

obsessingoverobsessions
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2017, 12:29 pm

When I'm lucky enough to make a friend, I see their mind's inner workings and slowly put together the pieces of their unique puzzle, so that I know what makes them happy, sad, or anything in between, so that I can try and be a good friend to them.
I also work out their emotions, experiences and opinions, and fit them together into a bigger picture to make what they say and do clearer to me, and I enjoy 'fitting together' the puzzle, which is their mind, in the process.

Does anyone else see people like this?

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 12:42 pm

I guess I do what you do---but it might take weeks or months for me to see results.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 12:46 pm

I don't see people like that, but that is pretty cool :D . I do try to do the "right thing" in social situations, and whenever I do, I am quite happy that I worked something out/said the right thing. It's like a guess and check game for me socially lol :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 1:21 pm

I like "fitting the pieces" of people's minds as well! I do it with my family, if I could make friends then I probably would do it with them too.

It's fun and it also prevents many arguments because you get so much insight on people's lives that you know which buttons to press(and avoid huge red buttons!). :)

Could be why I barely get in arguments with my family...

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 1:39 pm

I generally do that. Once though a person has proven to repeatedly act in confusing ways, I disengage from the relationship. I have no time for chaos and drama.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:35 pm

I'm not sure. I think I have a fairly good understanding of how my online friend of many years ticks.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 8:52 am

I definitely do that. With increasing opportunities to make friends, I make every attempt to understand them.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 9:47 pm

I should probably do more of that. I'm usually put off by how different people can be, and concerned that across such a gulf, being friendly is more like manipulation than true friendship.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 7:04 pm

Ive often thought of people I know as puzzles, its never really worked out for me; all puzzles have a neat, logical solution and when you've found it the puzzle is solved for good. People just aren't Like that, there are far too many variables for any given day. You can know somebody well, but can rarely "solve" them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 11:21 pm

I see people as puzzles and I like to do research on the internet in order to figure people and society out.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Aug 2017, 3:05 pm

There's something to be said for it, its easy to over analyse though.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 10:55 am

obsessingoverobsessions wrote:
When I'm lucky enough to make a friend, I see their mind's inner workings and slowly put together the pieces of their unique puzzle, so that I know what makes them happy, sad, or anything in between, so that I can try and be a good friend to them.
I also work out their emotions, experiences and opinions, and fit them together into a bigger picture to make what they say and do clearer to me, and I enjoy 'fitting together' the puzzle, which is their mind, in the process.

Does anyone else see people like this?

Yes!