Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jun 2007, 9:28 am

When I used to have to walk to my boyfriend's house this happened every friggin time and I hated it. I don't know what it was about this particular road, perhaps because nobody else used it for walking on (the pavement is about 40cm wide). Anyway, I got people shouting at me and it made my blood boil as i couldn't even retaliate because they were going so fast. Once someone even chucked a bottle of water over me, which ironically was quite pleasant as it was boiling hot, but I was so angry. Sudden loud sounds make me jump so bad that it hurts and makes me tingle for ages. I would never dream of shouting out of a car at a stranger. Some people are odd.

TheMaTrIx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2007, 11:07 am

I'm tall and well built (like a bodybuilder almost) and my monotonous facial expression seems to give people the idea I'll rip their head of if they dare to yell something like that at me. So it rarely ever happens.

In school however it was much different. The trolls and bullies there had the time to get to know me and identify me as an easy target for ridicule and pest.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 12:35 pm

Catster2 wrote:
Maybe you guys are right it isn't to do with me I guess I am just a little sensitive because I have been picked on a lot in my life. No I don't live in a college town, I live in a large city. I do usually ignore them today was the first time I retaiated.

Yeah, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to respond to people who are yelling from cars...

However, I’ve gotten to a point that when people behave in a rude or obnoxious way toward me or someone else in a social situation, I NEVER let it pass.

I usually confront them and say something like “ Are you so damaged that the only way you can feel good about yourself is by attempting to degrade someone else? Or are you just some kind of barbarian wolf child and your parents didn’t care enough to teach you how to behave around civilized people?”

Usually, they just shrink and crawl away... :lol:

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 12:42 pm

It's life.

I've had it happen to me before but I just laugh at them. Anyway my sister shouts things out of car windows and my Dad used to

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

02 Jun 2007, 1:41 pm

oh i can tell you some messed up storys of me walking intown, and people hollering bad words at me, it happens to me all the time but i'll tell you about the time that was the worst.

i was in california visiting some people and i was walking down to the 711 when a car full of four brats came speeding around the corner, guess what they did? the one guy in the front seat and one in the back threw hard bagels at me and one almost hit me in the balls. im f-ing serious the other one nearly took out my mellon. man i thought i got shot and just laid on the ground for what seemed like an eternity, but was probably only a couple of seconds. it was terrible

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 4:32 pm

I know once i was riding my bike minding my own business when this jerk threws an apple core at me. It miss me, but i went and got it and started racing after them and almost caught them at the light. I was going to chuck it into the back window where it came from.

Novelist

02 Jun 2007, 8:16 pm

All you can do about people like that is hope they don't reproduce. :twisted:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

02 Jun 2007, 8:43 pm

honking is just as bad because most of the time when im walking i'm in a deep fantasy. when a car passes and honks guess what? i almost faint from being suprised so much haha, what i dont get is why people do it, i mean whats the point? if i was a driver i'd have my eyes on the road and not someone walking im sure they think its funny but it really isnt its the ret*d