Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 8:53 pm

Looking through that list I could definitely identify with the following: Poor balance. Difficulty in riding a bicycle, ( Nearly 14 when I learnt. Never that good on it. Not been on a bike for over 35 years), Some people with dyspraxia may have flat feet(have flat feet and high arches, ankles have a tendency to give way if walking a lot) ,Poor hand-eye co-ordination.(Was bad at gymnastics and sport . Usually last to be picked for a team) ,Lack of rhythm when dancing, doing aerobics, Clumsy gait and movement(My late wife often used to comment on this) ,Tendency to fall, trip, bump into things and people ( I sometimes bump into things and people) , Lack of manual dexterity.(Never been good at crafts or DIY. Find things like ironing difficult), Difficulty with typing, handwriting and drawing ( School reports mention my poor handwriting and drawing) ,Inadequate sense of direction, Difficulty in planning and organising thought, Can be messy and cluttered, Difficulty in following instructions, especially more than one at a time,Difficulty in picking up non-verbal signals ,Slow to adapt to new or unpredictable situations, Tendency to opt out of things that are too difficult,Tend to get stressed, depressed and anxious easily,
May have difficulty sleeping, Prone to low self-esteem, emotional outbursts(though these are controlled quite well by the depot antipsychotic).

http://dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/dyspraxia-adults/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 12:01 am

I have it to a mild extent.